Looking for a good tactical light...

parks450

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this seems to be the place to ask about lights. I am not familiar with many lights so please bare with me. What I am looking for is something in the tactical light field. Money isnt a problem, I'll spend what it takes to get a very nice light. Here's a few things im looking for in the light:

Must: rechargeable, good battery life,dual switch, bright with good throw as well as flood. Semi light, can't be big and bulky. At least not bigger than a streamlight stinger. Thank you, John

Some of the lights that I have been looking at:
Olight sr51
firefox ff3
streamlight stinger DS LED

Are both the olight and Firefox rechargeable?

ToNIX

Enlightened
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this seems to be the place to ask about lights. I am not familiar with many lights so please bare with me. What I am looking for is something in the tactical light field. Money isnt a problem, I'll spend what it takes to get a very nice light. Here's a few things im looking for in the light:

Must: rechargeable, good battery life,dual switch, bright with good throw as well as flood. Semi light, can't be big and bulky. At least not bigger than a streamlight stinger. Thank you, John

Some of the lights that I have been looking at:
Olight sr51
firefox ff3
streamlight stinger DS LED

Are both the olight and Firefox rechargeable?

Are rechargeable batteries a good option or you only want rechargeable flashlights?

parks450

Newly Enlightened
Only rechargeable, I need something I can charge so I can just plug in on the go.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Klarus Rechargeable series
Xtar has a similar set up and I think Niteye.

They will recharge an 18650 while in the light body

parks450

Newly Enlightened
I like the klarus lights they seem like a nice piece. How are the niteye and xtar lights?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niteye are very similar in quality to Sunwayman and have similar features. Xtar is not quite up to the build quality of Klarus and Niteye but is a very solid product. Xtar can also be customized.

parks450

Newly Enlightened
Ok, after doing a lot of reading I have it narrowed down to a few. I'm leaning more towards the klarus and the sunwayman as it has better runtime than the rest. Let me know what you guys think.

Thrunite tn31
Olight sr51
Klarus xt30
sunwayman T20cs
sunwayman t40cs

spc smith

Enlightened
parks450,

iI can tell you the dual switch interface of the klarus lights are superb in use. iI would go for the new xt30 if you want throw. otherwise get the swm T20CS or.. check out the rofis TR51

parks450

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help guys, I ordered the klarus xt 30 for the academy and the new klarus rs11 for everyday use, camping etc.