Anyone else rocking the SST-90

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have $500 to spend and I want to rape the night with the smallest form factor to lumens ratio possible.

Been checking out the 4 Sevens Maelstrom MMU-HD and that fat emitter needs a veritable power plant factory to push; 6X RCR123's.

I think a single LED config has the cleanest looking beam pattern without the artifacts seen in those 3 XML reflector lights and the interface is pretty savvy.

Love the strobe.

My concern is if Luminous has a new emitter coming soon - the SST-90 has been around for awhile.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bright to size your probably better off with a quad p60 drop in. Drop in will run 300 ish, host with a cooling head prob around 150 ish.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have Surefire 6P host, bored for 18650 battery, using direct-drive 'Nailbender' SST-90 and 'McClicky' switch upgrade. Awesome light, outputs ~1200 lumens (measured). Extremely floody hotspot though. Not good at all if you want throw.

Total cost was ~$200. (I bored the host myself, using a sanding drum)

CMAG

Enlightened
+1 to Chevy SS, I have three of N/B's SST drop ins on the way "Awesome light, outputs ~1200":thumbsup:
IMO strobes are for the disco clubs
If you want real small and 600-700 LM is enough check out a Pocket Rocket (has selectable mode UI with a strobe) IMO power to weigh a good one.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 to Chevy SS, I have three of N/B's SST drop ins on the way "Awesome light, outputs ~1200":thumbsup:
IMO strobes are for the disco clubs
If you want real small and 600-700 LM is enough check out a Pocket Rocket (has selectable mode UI with a strobe) IMO power to weigh a good one.
Have the XT-11, it's my go to EDC, but want something that's a bit more substantial and has a strobe. This isn't for EDC.

Anyone know what the difference is between the 4 Sevens Maelstrom S18 and the Maelstrom MMU-HD?

They look exactly the same.

I'd freaking love a Kenji Quad in a solar force body though.

But damn there's no strobe.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
luminus doesnt have a new single emitter led but htey havea new bin for the sst90 the p bin. you can not buy it yet unless you buy the olight srt95. there is a sbt emitter used in the srt95 ut. eagletac has a new m series that uses a new bin of sst90 not sure if its the p. they are of nice size. not huge. they also have the g25c2 which puts out 852 lumens from a small form. a single 18650. plus it has strobe ;-)

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Have the XT-11, it's my go to EDC, but want something that's a bit more substantial and has a strobe. This isn't for EDC.

Anyone know what the difference is between the 4 Sevens Maelstrom S18 and the Maelstrom MMU-HD?

They look exactly the same.

I'd freaking love a Kenji Quad in a solar force body though.

But damn there's no strobe.

the 2 foursevens lights are the same they changed the logos and the names recently

Last edited: