Looking for AA/AAA Flashlight with Red LED

Clefable

Newly Enlightened
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
-I will be mail-ordering or buying online. I am looking to buy from dealextreme.com, unless someone can recommend a site that offers free overseas shipping.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)
-Less than $25.

3) Format:
-I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:
-Every day carry small (2-4 inches).
-Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:
-LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)
-Would specifically like a Red LED.

6) Manufacturer:
-I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
-However if I can get everything from one site, I would not mind getting a body and a drop in module.

7) What battery type do you want to use?
-I intend to use alkaline batteries (AAA, AA)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).
-I want to navigate a dark room or read a map (0-10 lumens).
-I want to walk around an unlit rural area (50-150 lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.
-Less than 1 yard/meter (reading, other close work)
-Less than 5 yards/meters (looking for something inside a dark shed/garage/basement)
-5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)
-30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).
-90-120 minutes (on medium output)
-3 hours + (on lowest output).

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
-Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):
-I don't know.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
-I want 2 light levels. (Brighter/short runtime and Dimmer/long runtime.)
-I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)

14)Material/Finish/Coating
-Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.
-Red LED emitter.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out the "LED CLIP-ON ILLUMINATION LIGHT" by catseyecollimationDOTcom. Jim is not a flashaholic but his LED lights are high quality stuff (made in China i guess) and could fit your needs. i had bought stuff from him earlier.

Latest posts