Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunwayman T60CS (3xXM-L, 3x18650) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, VIDEO and more!

Default Re: Sunwayman T60CS (3xXM-L, 3x18650) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, VIDEO and more!

Quote Originally Posted by jh333233 View Post
    Refer to:
    It is unnecessary to replace the carrier when the fuse is burnt.
    It might void warranty tho.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-of-SWM-lights
    Besides, you can shield the positive terminal on one side of the carrier to prevent it from shorting at the tail, just remember which side did you insulate.
    Thanks for sharing. A useful stop-gap for those waiting for a replacement carrier after blowing a fuse.

Of course, far better to try to prevent that from happening in the first place. Since I don't have a charging dock anyway, I've taped over my positive contact on the tail with electrical tape. Hopefully SWM comes out with a prettier solution.

And of course, this sort of mod to the carrier is by-passing the fuse, so you are at risk of shorting out the cells (if the tail contacts are still exposed). Better safe than sorry when it comes to a risk of shorting batteries, in my view (i.e., I don't like relying on fuses or protection circuits). A proper physical lock-out is necessary here.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Zebralight SC62.
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Sunwayman T60CS (3xXM-L, 3x18650) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, VIDEO and more!

Both your and Tim's reviews indicate a concern about the exposed inner contact port. Is SWM serious about producing a rubber plug to resolve this potential problem?
    Far too many lights to list......

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by indenial View Post
    Both your and Tim's reviews indicate a concern about the exposed inner contact port. Is SWM serious about producing a rubber plug to resolve this potential problem?
    Seems they are working on it

Flashaholic*

OP:
    Any comment on low voltage indicator?
    Thanks

Flashaholic*

I wonder how long would it take to drain all batteries @ low
    60hrs was based on calculation (which wasnt accurate, for med it was 6.5hrs instead of rated spec 9hrs)

OP:Any comment on low voltage indicator?
    Only that it worked. I noticed it on as the 18650 runs (as they were nearing the end), but didn't notice at what point it first came on.

I wonder how long would it take to drain all batteries @ low
    60hrs was based on calculation (which wasnt accurate, for med it was 6.5hrs instead of rated spec 9hrs)
    Keep in mind my runtimes are on 2200mAh, and I count until time to 50%. The ANSI FL-1 standard is time to 10% (from the output level at 30 secs), and SWM specs are based on 2600mAh. Extrapolating out, I would expect at least 8hr 20mins on Med on my sample (under those conditions), which isn't so far off.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Outdoor 100-yard Beamshots 2011. Latest: Zebralight SC62.

Flashaholic

Better solution for the positive contact on the SWM tail. At your local hardware store should be some little plastic bumpers. Mine are called surface gard vinyl bumpers they are made by shepherd hardware products. They are 3/8" and or 10 mm round clear bumpers.
    I paid around $2.00 for a pack of 16, They are a little sticky on one end and fit right into the hole of the SWM's tail, they are also easy to get back out if needed and can be reused as they are a hard plastic material.

If you google shepherd hardware you will see what they look like it is VINYL SELF-ADHESIVE PADS item number 9969
    Last edited by DanM; 07-30-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: add

Flashaholic*

fyi: not sure if anyone noticed, but the spare tailcap for the tail switch on some of the Fenix lights fits very snugly into the external terminal hole of my V60. The soft flange on the tailcap covers the insulator as well. As far as I have been able to use the light, the spare tail-cap does not fall out either - too tight. Frankly, to my impression, the tail-cap is a good solution - if you have spare tail-caps as I do. I happen to have a half-dozen or so of these tail-caps that stayed behind in the process of gifting the lights. Oddly enough, the switches wear out but not the tailcaps.

Flashaholic*

Perhaps if they just made the diameter of the plastic insert smaller? I bought the charging cradle with mine, and the charger contact pin is MUCH smaller than the hole on the flashlight. A smaller inside diameter insert would allow charging, but make it almost impossible for keys or coins to reach the contact. I thought your Lux numbers were a bit low at 27,000. I see you have updated the number to over 34,000 lux now. I am sure I picked the right light. The TN30 is just a tad too big at 1.3" longer and .2" larger diameter at the grip. For my hand anyway....I wouldn't want it to be any larger or shorter. I've found that for real world use anything over 250 meters in throw is not needed unless you're using a scope or binoculars. I think Sunwayman hit the sweet spot in throw/flood. This is just an Awesome light.
    Last edited by kengps; 09-01-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Vinh K40. Vinh Eye40. Vinh S6330. Vihn X10. Vinh TX25C2. Vinh RRT-01. Vihn XM-L2 P60 Thrower (40K Lux!!) Three Oveready Z2's. One Oveready C2. Two Zebralight H31's.

Quote Originally Posted by kengps View Post
    I see you have updated the number to over 34,000 lux now. ... I've found that for real world use anything over 250 meters in throw is not needed unless you're using a scope or binoculars. I think Sunwayman hit the sweet spot in throw/flood. This is just an Awesome light.
    Yeah, I remember when 20K lux @1 was considered a superb thrower (i.e., early XR-E days).

But the truth is that it still is. I find that level of throw to be perfectly acceptable to see a good distance off. In a suburban environment, there really isn't much use for all the current super-high-output throwers. They are really best suited for those who need to survey wide open areas (e.g., a farm or field)

Enlightened

probably a silly question but does the T60Cs get hotter near the switch than the others due to the switch being so high in the head

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark99 View Post
    probably a silly question but does the T60Cs get hotter near the switch than the others due to the switch being so high in the head
    No, not that I have noticed. The entire head warms up roughly equally with no bias for/against the switch area. And the answer to an implied question - I do not notice any significant switching changes as the head heats up. As far as I can determine, heat is distributed fairly quickly down the case to the 18650 cells. As always, the act of observing changes the observed.....

Flashaholic*

I've not noticed heat at the switch. The one small complaint I have is it is difficult to find the switch in the dark. With thin gloves you would never identify where it is. Wish there was a little more distinction for the switch recess into the body. Seems to me they could have put it in deeper into a shallow well had the switch been located between reflectors, instead of directly above a reflector. Or maybe a little raised lip around the switch?
    Vinh K40. Vinh Eye40. Vinh S6330. Vihn X10. Vinh TX25C2. Vinh RRT-01. Vihn XM-L2 P60 Thrower (40K Lux!!) Three Oveready Z2's. One Oveready C2. Two Zebralight H31's.

Flashaholic*

Something I've found that I haven't seen discussed about the UI.....when light is OFF, press/hold will over-ride Memory saved and start on Turbo again.

I am in love with this flashlight! Now if only they could build an "Enthusiast" model. A copper board, and up the power from 800 OTF each LED to about 1100+ OTF. Even if it can run a minute that's fine. As it is now you get a 5 minute Turbo setting that is almost un-noticeable from the normal High setting. I really think the future of super-lights is this 3-18650/ 3 Reflector format. The Technology now is sufficient to give 300 meters of throw, which is fine. I think the Toilet Plunger format will be a small segment of the market in the next few years. I just bought a $57 dollar shipped Skyray for modding. I'll mod my own Super-Turbo Triple for now.
    Last edited by kengps; 09-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.

thanks for the review, looking into getting one!

Enlightened

mine arrived yesterday very cool light, so far very happy

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kengps View Post
    Something I've found that I haven't seen discussed about the UI.....when light is OFF, press/hold will over-ride Memory saved and start on Turbo again.

I am in love with this flashlight! Now if only they could build an "Enthusiast" model. A copper board, and up the power from 800 OTF each LED to about 1100+ OTF. Even if it can run a minute that's fine. As it is now you get a 5 minute Turbo setting that is almost un-noticeable from the normal High setting. I really think the future of super-lights is this 3-18650/ 3 Reflector format. The Technology now is sufficient to give 300 meters of throw, which is fine. I think the Toilet Plunger format will be a small segment of the market in the next few years. I just bought a $57 dollar shipped Skyray for modding. I'll mod my own Super-Turbo Triple for now.
    All Smart-switch-lights have this function.

Thanks for the review selfbuilt, I got my T60CS this week, it's my first high quality light since I bought a 4d mag light long ago. Makes the Mag light look like a candle.....or a dinosaur.

I got it out of the box, looked in the front at the reflector and said to my self "bugger, no lens in it, must be a factory reject" gave the front a poke and proceed to leave a finger print on the AR coated lens that was so clear I couldn't see it

Enlightened

FYI, I went to the hardware store and bought some small clear round vinyl bumpers, they fit perfectly in the center hole at the base, I do not plan on using the charging stand so this works great for me
    Last edited by Landshark99; 09-11-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark99 View Post
    FYI, I went to the hardware store and bought some small clear round vinyl bumpers, they fit perfectly in the center hole at the base, I do not plan on using the charging stand so this works great for me
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ This. Put the sticky sides back-to-back to keep it off the contact and it wedges in the hole nicely, but easy to pry out.

Were outdoor beamshots ever posted for this light?
    TM-11,M3C4(1+3xml),T20C2MK2, T10C,M6,TN30-31,VoB 1C Mag,47's S12, M30,M21, Signature LX ,Trust 1,Klarus XT 10,Spark SL6-SD6,SWMT60+40CS,C20C, M11R,XTAR A01,ZL SC600,H51F,SC50, L1A,ITP SA1,A1EOS, A2EOS,Fenix MC10, Led Lenser P7-T7,Xeno E03,Jetbeam JetIIIPro,lllM, BC40

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Were outdoor beamshots ever posted for this light?
    Still pending. It's on my desk to do, but I have had a lot going on these last few months. It is will be done with the next batch of lights I do.

Enlightened

Great looking light with good blend of throw/spill.

If they release a T6 3C NW tint I'll be ready to pull the trigger

Thanks for the review Selfbuilt!

Can we have carpet beamshot that shows us the flood of the lamp, like in the TM11 review?
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...petBeam001.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Really like that T60CS, good lamp, good price, except the powerbutton.

I think Sunwayman is struggling with the place and look of the buttons, like at the T40C comparison deleted , it is also an amazing lamp except that button. They need a good button engineer

...as for the look 3X xml light the TM11 is still the most beautiful, but it is very expensive and has been a tons of upgrade during the years
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 10-12-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: inappropriate comparison for a family forum

Quote Originally Posted by kolbasz View Post
    Thanks for the review Selfbuilt!

Can we have carpet beamshot that shows us the flood of the lamp, like in the TM11 review?

Thanks in advance!

Really like that T60CS, good lamp, good price, except the powerbutton.

I think Sunwayman is struggling with the place and look of the buttons, like at the T40C comparison deleted , it is also an amazing lamp except that button. They need a good button engineer

...as for the look 3X xml light the TM11 is still the most beautiful, but it is very expensive and has been a tons of upgrade during the years

the tm11 is actually the cheapest of the main 3xml lights if you buy from ebay, but I think Sunwaymans quality far exceeds nitecore in my opinion
    Asilaydying1984 ON YOUTUBE

Sure. I'll get to it when the new Nitecore TM15 arrives, and do a bunch at that time.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bwolcott View Post
    the tm11 is actually the cheapest of the main 3xml lights if you buy from ebay, but I think Sunwaymans quality far exceeds nitecore in my opinion
    I got mine from local flashlight store for $125 USD-equivalent (Discounted)

Very nice review

Quote Originally Posted by Bwolcott View Post
    As i know, the T60CS is the cheapest 3xml lamp on the market, on hkequipment the TM11 is 200USD, the TN30 is 230USD, the T60cs is 165USD with discount.

I got mine from local flashlight store for $125 USD-equivalent (Discounted)
    Congratulatoin! Can i ask where did you buy the lamp for that price?

Wish The T60CS was produced with Neutral led!

As i know, the T60CS is the cheapest 3xml lamp on the market, on hkequipment the TM11 is 200USD, the TN30 is 230USD, the T60cs is 165USD with discount.

Congratulatoin! Can i ask where did you buy the lamp for that price?

Wish The T60CS was produced with Neutral led!

whats the discount from hk equip?
    Asilaydying1984 ON YOUTUBE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast