Penlight Recommendation?

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
Looking for the SLIMMEST (but brightest) penlight that uses aaa size batteries. Need it to be slim to fit into uniform sleeve pen holder. Any suggestions?

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
Found this so far....seems pretty nice. Anyone know anything about this light? Yea? Nay?

[h=1]Nextorch K3[/h]

yliu

Enlightened
It seems to be a decent light, but I'd recommend you to get a more known brand if you want a high quality one.

Foursevens Preon 2 is very nice. Comes in different colors and looks pretty nice. It should not be thicker than a fountain pen, but maybe a bit long.

tjhabak

Enlightened
I have several AAA penlights that I use for work. The Foursevens Preon 2 is one of my favorite. For the money, it is probably the best lumen/dollar value. The Brightstrike EPLI is another good one. It's really well made with a little more throw than the Preon 2, but not quite as bright overall. The Streamlight Stylus Pro is another good one at about $20.00, not quite as bright but still a very usable beam. Another budget model is the Terralux neutral (I can't recall the model). It is the least bright of the above, but has a very nice tint, and for the money its a good value, and still a useable light for anything you'd want a penlight to do. All of the above fit in the shirt sleeve pocket of the 5.ll T-shirts, and job shirts we use as firefighter/paramedics. As an aside, A Foursevens Quark-Mini in 2xAA fits easliy in the sleeve pocket of the 5.11 job shirts too, giving you that much more runtime.

jonathanhong

Newly Enlightened
My favorite is the Foursevens Preon 2. What a phenomenal light! I can't recommend it enough!

It's a great EDC light. I just came back from camping with some friends and brought the P2 along, by the end of the first night my buddy was impressed so much he purchased one from Amazon.

tjhabak

Enlightened
Yeah, you really can't go wrong with the Preon 2. Also......my inner compulsive alter-ego just ordered a Nextorch K3, because I've never seen one and I have to know how it compares with the others I mentioned.

melty

Newly Enlightened
Nextorch is a well-known brand. They make the mytorch series of USB programmable lights.

Hypetac P2A is another penlight for you to consider. I just received the P1A as I'm into 1xAAA lights. The P1A is a nice little penlight itself, one of the few 1xAAA clickies. It's smaller than any 2xAAA light and 90 lumens isn't anything to sneeze at.

tjhabak

Enlightened
Nextorch is a well-known brand. They make the mytorch series of USB programmable lights.

Hypetac P2A is another penlight for you to consider. I just received the P1A as I'm into 1xAAA lights. The P1A is a nice little penlight itself, one of the few 1xAAA clickies. It's smaller than any 2xAAA light and 90 lumens isn't anything to sneeze at.

Yeah, the Hypetac is another one I gotta check out. I also still need a Fenix LD05 for the collection ;)

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened

The specs I found for it on CPF marketplace says 2xAAA, not 1?

Specs for P2A:

* LED: Cree XP-G R5 LED, Max 120 Lumens
* Battery: 2 x AAA alkaline or NIMH
* Materials: HA III anodizing for black version, polished stainless steel for silver version
* IPX8 waterproofing
* Color: Black
* Reflector: Orange peel
* Accessories: two spare O-ring

Output & Runtime:
Medium 30 lumens / 5 hours - High 120 lumens / 1.5 hours - Low 4 lumens / 80 hours

Operation:
Press the tail switch to turn on/off the flashlight
Chang brightness levels (medium - high - low)by pressing light tail switch
Flashlight will go to medium automatically for every start if turning light off over 5 seconds

Dimension: 14.6cm x 1.4cm