Fenix 18660 ARBL2

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone I am completly new to the world of rechargable batteries and could do with some advice. I am looking to buy some 18650s and a charger on a budget but want to remain as safe as possible I had a look at the Fenix 18660 ARB-L2 and was wondering what peoples opinion of it was. I have also had a look for a charger and found ULTRAFIRE WF 139 3.7v DUAL BAY CHARGER at £17 what are your thoughts on this, does it seam safe? or does anyone have an alternatives?

Cheers guys

Last edited by a moderator:

lwknight

Enlightened
I can't tell you anything about the battery but the wf-139 charger is pretty good stuff.
I use one and have a few more scattered out. So far no problems.
Reviews are pretty good too. There are some on this forum and you can google it too.

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
Awsome thanks guys for your help. In the end I managed to get and Eagletac battery and and sysmax intelicharger V2 as part of a deal and so far very pleased with them both.

Thanks guys.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
I was just checking out the Fenix ARB-L2 18650 2600mAh battery as well on one of the Fenix sites. Has anyone tried or tested this battery? I am wondering because I have an Xtar 18650 3100mAh batery, but many here, and test results show that the 2600 actually performs better? Thanks.
By the way, the site says that the Fenix battery is a 3.6 volt.

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
I was just checking out the Fenix ARB-L2 18650 2600mAh battery as well on one of the Fenix sites. Has anyone tried or tested this battery? I am wondering because I have an Xtar 18650 3100mAh batery, but many here, and test results show that the 2600 actually performs better? Thanks.
By the way, the site says that the Fenix battery is a 3.6 volt.

Yes, I have tested the Fenix battery and also the Xtar, you can find the reviews here or on my website. I do also have a comparison between all tested batteries on my website.
Which battery performs best, depends on what you need, the lower capacity batteries often has higher voltage.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
That is a great chart and info!!!!! Thanks. I was hoping the Fenix battery would perform well since Fenix puts their name on it. I just wondered because the name brand of the cells used is not listed, and the battery is labelled as 3.6 volts not 3.7.