where did yoy put your nichia 219?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, where did you put them, and did you like the result?

Bougth 4 and installed in different aaa lights. 2 Trunite ti, the normal and firefly version. The lumintop wurm ss, and lumapower lm21. All turned out great with perfect tint, and with a perfect huge hotspot :) One of them got off center, but cant see anything wrong in the beam.
img0109ye.jpg

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have put them in an HDS Twisty 100, HDS Clicky 140, HDS Clicky (unknown power level), McGizmo AMC Mule, PDIII and PD-S, Mirage Man Custom Ti Mule and Ti Fatty, Fenix E15's, PentagonLight Molles, and a few others. All of them looked fantastic, with smooth, clean, high CRI beams.

This LED is a real winner. I have yet to get a bad LED, and have used more than 25 LEDs.

egrep

Enlightened
V10R, LF2XT, EX10, SF P9, Z2, Malkoff MD2. Will probably put in a MGizmo PD Ti Mule next. Superb LED!

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought one and had Flucero swap it into a V10R for me. I am ecstatic with the results! Think I'm gonna get a few more just to keep on hand for future mods.

012-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the tint looks great even with current controlled lights. I can see the tint shifts on the firefly mode on the trunite ti, but the 3 lumens version still looks great in lo. (the firefly mode appears to be a bit brighter now with a nichia)
It seems to be able to go pretty lo on cc lights witout canging tint too mutch:twothumbs

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put three of them into my mag Zero D Grenade :)
scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ egrep:
I had the idea of swapping the Cree XR-E in my EX10 too a Nichia 219 too. So can I just swap out the emitters and use the stock driver board?

Btw: Nice 0D Maglite, ma_sha1 ;).

rayman

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Installed one in Surefire KL4 with custom heatsink... beautiful tight hotspot with LOTS of spill... perfect all around light beam and beautiful tint...

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
Bougth 4 and installed in different aaa lights. 2 Trunite ti, the normal and firefly version.

How do you opened the thrunite ti for led replacement? I was going to do the same with my ti.