1xAA Light recommendations

JonnyRocket

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix PD30 and a foursevens preon 1.

I am looking for a light smack dab in the middle. One AA cell, light output in the low 100ish range, sized in the middle of the two. Must have a good pocket clip.

Any ideas?

bedazzLED

Enlightened
The EagleTac D25A is a great little light, but I will have to go with the Sunwayman V10A or the Zebralight SC51. These are great little single AA lights, especially the V10A.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I don't want to derail, but just wondering and might be useful to OP: is there any advantage of the V10A over the V11R (w/ AA extender)? I'm also looking at both, but it looks a bit clunkier to EDC.

JonnyRocket

Newly Enlightened
Well, the PD30's diameter is 21.5mm

I was hoping for a slimmer light, that would be thicker than the preon.

The D25a comes in at 17.5mm
V10a is 23mm
SC51 is 22mm

Looks like the eagletac is in the ballpark. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also consider the Quark AA2X on an optional 1xAA tube. Full Li-ion support and the spare tube also makes a great extra batt container. I really wanted to get the D25A clicky, but the mode spacing seemed off - kinda wide at the low end and narrow at the high end considering 4x lumens = 2x perceived brightness.

Just my 0.02

Danielight

Enlightened
Did you have a particular dollar figure in mind? I personally like my Sunwayman V10A, but have also bought budget lights from the Shining Beam website. You should check out the selection of AA lights there.

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I'm very happy with my Fenix E11, and it's nice and small for a single AA light. It has a forward clicky and runs two modes (105 lumen and 32 lumen with bezel loose/tight). It does not come with a pocket clip, and if it did it would be headed toward perfect for the size. If anyone can figure out where one might obtain a pocket clip that would fit, the E11 might work out very well for you. It's also very reasonably priced at less than $30

davecroft

Enlightened
Two of my single AA lights with decent clips are the Jetbeam BA10 and Olight i2.

Both reasonably priced, the Jetbeam is brighter and larger of the two. May be larger than you are looking for though.

In my opinion the Jetbeam is far better than the Olight, nicer finished and tough as anything. But the olight is good value and pretty small with a strong clip. My i2 mode skips a bit which bugs me sometimes.

Last edited:

jonathanhong

Newly Enlightened
I really like my Foursevens Quark AA (I think it's called the Quark Pro QPA now)...

I think it pretty much meets all your requirements. 109 Lumens, single AA cell, good pocket clip.

I also like that the pocket clip is reversible so it can clip on to your cap.

JonnyRocket

Newly Enlightened
I really like my Foursevens Quark AA (I think it's called the Quark Pro QPA now)...

I think it pretty much meets all your requirements. 109 Lumens, single AA cell, good pocket clip.

I also like that the pocket clip is reversible so it can clip on to your cap.

The quark light is too thick.

The eagletac is the only one so far to hit everything on my list.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight T15. On sale at battery junction. 115 lumens, 3 mode.
Light, 4 primary AAs, shipping. All for under 30 with CPF coupon code.

-Alex

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem :)

Sorry if I came across rudely, I was having a bad night.

You're fine Jonny. I assumed so, glad I refrained from a smart *** remark. lol

Looks like according to every single AA thread, the EagleTac is your absolute best choice. Away from customs of course.

-Alex

mikeand

Newly Enlightened
Olight T15. On sale at battery junction. 115 lumens, 3 mode.
Light, 4 primary AAs, shipping. All for under 30 with CPF coupon code.

-Alex

I'm considering picking up a new light. What is the CPF coupon code and the corresponding discount?

Thanks

rambo180

Enlightened
I'm considering picking up a new light. What is the CPF coupon code and the corresponding discount?

Thanks

I have the olight AAA i3. For $20, the AA i2 looks very good. But I've only ever owned Olights so can't compare to the eagletac.