• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: The McGizmonster

fyrstormer

Banned
SOLD

This is the light I lightheartedly named "The McGizmonster". It's made from an original McLux battery tube, an Aleph 1 head, a GDuP light engine, and an RPM bezel.

Untitled-1.jpg

I told myself I'd never sell this one. It's too unique, I'd never be able to build another, etc etc etc. But when I realized it had been nearly a year since the last time I'd bothered to pick it up and admire it, I realized it's time for it to find a new home.

Here's my original show-off thread, which has several pictures from various angles: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...evisionist-history&highlight=the+mcgizmonster

The Aleph head was used when I bought it, but it's in excellent condition, and all the other parts are new. The LED has some darkening of the decorative silver bits around the emitter die itself, but the die is fine, the phosphor is fine, and the dome is clear. (apparently SSC P4 emitters had a tendency to turn cloudy after a while, but I almost never used this one, so it's pristine.) The light was carried a couple times, but never used for anything more strenuous than looking in the dark corners under my desk.

Per the price I mentioned in that thread, I'm looking for $338$323$300 + shipping, which works out to ~$312 shipped with insurance to CONUS. Paypal preferred. First "I'll take it" gets it.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FS: The McGizmonster

Yeah, it is a great light, and it took me a week to post this sale thread because I kept picking it up to take a sale photo, ogling it for a couple minutes, and changing my mind. But I never use it and I only feel like I might miss it when I'm looking straight at it, so...:shrug:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's really sweet looking. If it weren't for that oil pan I would have a couple more lights right now.

fyrstormer

Banned

Aleph light engines fit. Nowadays any modern Aleph-compatible light engines would be custom-built, but the parts are available at The Sandwich Shoppe. Alternately, various modders can build light engines for you.

dbleznak

Enlightened
I can't let this go on any longer. I'll take it !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD