Product concept for surefire weapon light (esp m952v) users, input please!

Would this be useful to you?

• Yes, please make this!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but there's a market for this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't think people would be interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TCBA_Joe

Newly Enlightened
Gentlemen, I could use some input on a project I've been working on.

As we know, the m952v is one of the nicest lights on the market. However, because it is built on the legacy Millennium chassis, it is pretty large and heavy, and there are very few decent mounting options. The upside is that it works very well and can be found cheaply on EEs across the internet.

On the other hand, m620vs, while lighter and smaller, are less common, and more expensive. Plus it faces the same mounting limitations as the m952v, leaving one to either use the heavy throwlever or buy an m600 body and choice of mount.

However, I've finished working on a design that is a cross between the millennium and scout lights. Basically a scout body, compatible with all existing OEM and aftermarket mounts and tailcaps, but it accepts all millennium compatible heads. The most notable of these being the white/IR Surefire KM3 head. It would also breathe new life into those bulky old millenniums using malkoff (or other LED) conversions or expensive IR filters and be a good option for those looking to weapon mount a V2 light. I believe it would also work with the surefire laser modules, for those who are using them.

Is there any interest in this? Currently, they would need to sell for $120, but we're working to get the cost down to $100. The more interest I can get, the more chance these could hit the market at a lower price.

We would be building them to the same durability as the legacy surefire bodies using the highest quality materials, and I'm working with a highly regarded weapons accessory manufacturer (site sponsor over on ARF and M4C), so I promise the quality would be fitting the price.

While the body price may seem expensive, one could build a truly customized alternative to the m620v, using your choice of mount and tailcap for roughly the same price, without having to swap out parts and spend more on aftermarket mounts. It could be done even cheaper using parts off the EEs.

Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate any of your input.

For those interested, here's a model:
2547399100058660536S600x600Q85.jpg