Looking for cheap thrower/charger combo

fccwpe

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a high lumen output (800+) thrower/charger/battery combo. I would like to delve into the 18650/14500/26650 rechargeable battery world as the AA/AAA world seems to be comparatively under powered. I don't want to spend a lot of cash but welcome any and all recommendations. Size doesn't matter, but throw does.

I'm sure that this has been addressed before, but some of the links I researched were way outdated.

If anyone knows of a good deal where I can get a thrower/charger/battery combo with 2 or more batteries, as a set from a single distributor, please let me know or post a link.

Looking forward to your help and thanks in advance!

Thanks!

yliu

Enlightened
Depending on where you live, some shops sell older lights for a good price. Like at one of my local stores, the Olight SR50 with 2x18650 and charger is on sale.
I suggest you to look around on the internet.

Another option would be dealextreme, (i.e. Trusfire X9, li ion batteries and chargers are all available) but they do not sell quality stuff.

Sadly I cannot give you any links, since it is not permitted here, but look around on eBay, Amazon or other sites. I find that Olight and Fenix tend to be cheaper, and don't be afraid to get an outdated model. (they still work excellent and are probably better than what you can get in Walmart)

Just make sure that if you have found a light, then look for reviews online. You should at least get some feedback on it's quality, functions and performance.

The Jetbeam BC40 also seems to get a lot of praise about it's value.