The "Life's most important questions" thread...

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feel free to use this thread to post those questions about life, spirituality, philosophy, etc., that involves the more important questions of life and the world around us....

I'll start it out:

Why do most cartoon characters always wear the same clothes in every episode? Like in Family Guy, Simpson's, King of the Hill, etc.

Why is that?:thinking:

slingsy

Newly Enlightened
Feel free to use this thread to post those questions about life, spirituality, philosophy, etc., that involves the more important questions of life and the world around us....

I'll start it out:

Why do most cartoon characters always wear the same clothes in every episode? Like in Family Guy, Simpson's, King of the Hill, etc.

Why is that?:thinking:

Apart from being faster to use the same "clothes" rather than create new clothes all the time, I think it may be to keep the characters familiar and you remember what they look like without taking to much notice of what they are wearing.

Norm

Retired Administrator
What do cartoon characters have three fingers?

scaled.php

Norm

Bigpal

Enlightened
What do cartoon characters have three fingers?

scaled.php

Norm

All right, I'm going to risk looking like the nerd because I've actually asked this question before.

I currently work more with applications like Maya, After Effects and such, but used to do some 2D animation as well. This has also crossed my mind. I was told that back in the day of traditional animation, an artist would need to draw thousands and thousands of images for a few minutes of animation. Drawing the hand this way significantly cut down the drawing time.

A few have also said that a 5 finger hand would be too realistic, and reality is not the goal - would actually seem odd - on a cartoon.

That was a rhetorical question, you say? Too bad, you got a real answer!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You mean your life? :)

Nope. Life in general. Think about it . . .

Now to answer a few other questions:

Fist laugh ~ When one caveman hit another one in the crotch with a football shaped rock.

Answering rhetorical questions ~ Those folks have nothing better to do.

What shall you do ~ Post on CPF.

Who pays ~ CPF is free. Though Greta appreciates donations.

Driving ~ Yes. Yes you can.

Tea or Coffee ~ Definitely tea, but only in private. Coffee when around other manly men.

Windy day Kilt-wearer ~ He was manly enough to not not care.

Paper or plastic ~ Plastic. You can use it for waste basket liner.

Nose picking ~ No. But nostrils are flexible enough that you can make the finger fit.

Sterile needles for lethal injections ~ There's a stupid law that says you have to.

Flip flops ~ There's a pair under my bed.

Bingo ~ The dog.

Where are you ~ on the internet.

NEXT QUESTION!!!