Malkoff M61SHO

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so stoked. 450 lumens out of a Malkoff that doesn't require 3 cells! And since the reflector has likely not been redesigned, we get to see everyone's predictions about the beam angle pan out. Some think it will be throwier, some think it will be floodier, etc. Now we can actually compare with a well known (and well loved) beam profile.

Does anyone know which tint these will be?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Wonder if Ford gave the a-ok to use the designation SHO {Super High Output}

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Wonder if Ford gave the a-ok to use the designation SHO {Super High Output}

Maybe if the name started off with Taurus then they would have to, but I wouldn't think SHO is a moniker owned by Ford.

Anyways. Wow. XPG2 already out. 450 OTF lumens. Pretty nice!!!

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Darn! I shouldn't have waited. There were 10 available when I first looked. Now zero. :sigh:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not going to be enough of an increase to really notice. Your batteries are going to die faster. That's about it. If Gene wants to increase sales, start putting some modes in these things.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I had one in my cart when there was 11, but decided to be good until the beamshots came in. I'm wondering if it will be floody like an M91, or be like a M61 with a brighter hotspot.

I noticed when this came out, the M61HO went on sale (website is down right now.)

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a custom XPE M61 made a while back. The XPE has a tighter beam angle than the XPG. My initial thoughts is that it would be a slightly more throwy M61. Didnt really work out that way. The spill beam ended up being brighter than normal, with the typical M61 hotspot. No donut issues or artifacts what so ever with the beam. My predictions is that a M61SHO with the XP-G2 will be a slightly more floody M61. The 175 extra lumens will be noticed and may give more throw just because of the extra brute force lumens. I hope Im wrong. A 450 lumen Malkoff P60 thrower would be a welcome addition to my collection.

I am so stoked. 450 lumens out of a Malkoff that doesn't require 3 cells! And since the reflector has likely not been redesigned, we get to see everyone's predictions about the beam angle pan out. Some think it will be throwier, some think it will be floodier, etc. Now we can actually compare with a well known (and well loved) beam profile.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
that would be exactly when i'd stop buying them

To each their own. This is why I won't buy any more. There are only so many needs for a single output light, and those are covered. What I would like is a Malkoff based light that I can edc. This doesn't exist yet precisely because they are only single output.

Even a resistor ring made for a Valiant style head would be sufficient, but this doesn't exist either. He won't even make a high/low ring for the M31 models. My 2 duty lights have malkoffs. That's all need them for until he adds modes. All my money is going to Zebralight lately.

Last edited: