(CLOSED) Anodized Ti clips by "ukmidnight" (you gotta see this!)

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hi folks,

I sent a bunch of clips across "the pond" to be electrically anodized by the master, "ukmidnight". If you haven't seen his thread you can view it here. . I

This thread is a preview of some work he's doing for me which will hit the shelves as a limited batch of 10 blue splash anodized clips and 10 that are "up to him" that should include some fades and who knows what else. The difference between his anodizing and mine is that I use flame and he uses electricity. Both result in the same oxide layer, but anodizing with electricity allows amazing control over the color. Using a flame is much less precise as you will see in the photos.

If you are a current Alpha owner and have a Ti clip you want anodized, please contact ukmidnight directly.

splash.jpg

This thread is a pre-order for the 10 splash anodized clips!

The other 10 clips will go up for pre-order after I get photos :)

Posting an "I'll take it" here establishes the order number. You have 24 hours to send paypal to [email protected] (after posting) otherwise your spot goes to the next person in line.

Buy New: $55 which includes priority flat rate shipping in the US. Add $7 for Canada/Mexico. Add $12 for everywhere else.

Trade in: $35 which includes priority flat rate shipping in the US. Add $7 for Canada/Mexico. Add $12 for everywhere else.

I'm actually not making any money on these beyond what I normally make for a raw Ti clip. I'm charging you my cost plus shipping.

PLEASE NOTE: The clips are still in the UK and need to be finished and mailed back to me before I can send them out. It may be 3-4 weeks before I can ship them but I'll post updates here.

Blue Splash Anodized 6/4 Ti clips for the Alpha (or Surefire 6 series & clones)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One-of-a-Kind Anodized 6/4 Ti clips for the Alpha (or Surefire 6 series & clones)

multi-ano.jpg

Each of these clips is one of a kind so once it's gone...well, that's it. There are 10 clips here. #1 is on the left, #10 is on the right. Begin!

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened
Re: PRE ORDER: Anodized Ti clips by "ukmidnight" (you gotta see this!)

Wow, can't wait to see one of these beauties riding a Blue Label Alpha. That blue splash is really going to "pop" off the nickel plating - uk got the color just right. Are these a one-time offering, or (depending on interest) are you going to periodically commision runs of these from uk?

Congratulations on your new baby boy and I hope you are enjoying paternity leave. :)

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened

I'll take one please :thumbsup:

Does it make a differance that I am in the UK?

And not to sound cheeky...but I dont think you still do the 'shorty' tubes do you. And Do your Xtar USB charger's charge 16340's? I did not order one when I got my Alpha, as I have a Pila charger...but it has a too high current charge for 16340's (18650's obviously ok).

Thanks again Jason!

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened

...sorry scratch the first part, I forgot you are on paternity leave, so won't be doing any shorty tubes.
Hope the leave, and 'new addition' are all well!

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened

Hey, if you already have a clip you might consider sending it to ukmidnight, that would be a lot cheaper :)

Got your PM, and replied. Think your right, would make sense to send mine to ukmidnight...pulled the trigger to fast there :( Sorry!

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a trade-up program? :wave:
Just kidding. Thinking I'll have to send mine over there to get it done. Being that it's currently my only Ti I don't think I'll do it myself.

Wish I could take one off your hand Jason!

-Alex

archer6817j

Enlightened

How about a trade-up program? :wave:
Just kidding. Thinking I'll have to send mine over there to get it done. Being that it's currently my only Ti I don't think I'll do it myself.

Wish I could take one off your hand Jason!

-Alex

Okay, send me back your old clip and I'll send you a splash ano one for $35 with shipping included.

archer6817j

Enlightened

I've added these clips to the pre-order and first post. They should be in the mail soon and (if all goes well) should arrive at my house in about two weeks.

Please keep in mind these will also fit Surefire 6 series lights and clones. You can see the fitment list on my website here.

multi-ano.jpg

theslippyslug

Enlightened

This is one on a TNC P60 host!

IMG_3937.jpg

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal: for a clip exchange. I will send the clip tomorrow. Thanks Jason.
-Alex

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened

2012-08-10%252013.32.20.jpg

Just got my clip back from ukmidnight.

Looks awesome...it really does look better in person, I just took a quick phone pic, as I have literally just put it back on the Alpha now :thumbsup:

sgt253

Enlightened

I usually am a pretty conservative person when it comes to these things. I have to say that looks pretty darn cool. Saving for an Alpha Blue Label right now...gotta get that clip when I get that light!

Regards.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi folks,

You have 24 hours to send paypal to [email protected] (after posting) otherwise your spot goes to the next person in line.

One-of-a-Kind Anodized 6/4 Ti clips for the Alpha (or Surefire 6 series & clones)

multi-ano.jpg

Each of these clips is one of a kind so once it's gone...well, that's it. There are 10 clips here. #1 is on the left, #10 is on the right. Begin!

1. (available)
  2. (available)
  3. (available)
  4. (available)
  5. (available)
  6. (available)
  7. (available)
  8. (available)
  9. (available)
  10. (available)

I am a SUCKER for splash Ano..., and then UKMidnite shows the photo on a TNC Ti P60 host, crap now I have to buy 2, one for my TNC host and one for my future Alpha Blue label (Neutral MC-E). Yeah I am a fan of neutral MC-E's. Strangely enough Milky updated my Gotham (which is now a gunmetal blue HAIII Ano) with a boom reflector and neutral MC-E about a year ago.....

Then the SST-50 neutral became a favorite, I've got XM-Ls and my M2-50 neutral is coming home with a neutral XM-L (I hope i love it as much as the M2-50 !!).

Oh by the way I'll take #2 and #4 (wish I could take #10 too - that's a winner as well!!), pp coming up in the am from the photo above.

Jason, this time off you are taking is somehow seeming to generate considerable interest in your blue label Alphas. Don't loose those blue o-rings, it's the little touches, the numerous little touches....

PP sent for #2 & #4.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

I've added these clips to the pre-order and first post. They should be in the mail soon and (if all goes well) should arrive at my house in about two weeks.

Please keep in mind these will also fit Surefire 6 series lights and clones. You can see the fitment list on my website here.

multi-ano.jpg

Are theist clips still for sale? If so, I would love one or two for my custom 6P's!

thanks,

NR