Is "Stellar" Brand CR123 Like Titanium's?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light Junction sells two types of "Stellar" cells and one looks similar to the Titanium brand. Any info or experience with these? Thanks.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anybody used these cells? I haven't come up with anything when searching. They claim to be PTC protected and sell for less than a dollar, I believe.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could try using them to save 10 cents over 3-4 months of battery life, or you could spend the extra 10 cents and buy the Titanium Innovations CR123's that are proven to be good. If it were a significant savings, like if they were $2 less, and you were going through 5 per week or something, it would be worth it to see if you might save some money by using the other brand, but since its only 10 cents, and most EDC lights that run on 1 CR123 wont need a new battery for 1-6 months, then is it really worth it? I have been using the Titanium CR123's for about a year, and they've been great. The one in my EDC light is now 3.5 months old.

lwknight

Enlightened
Since everything after 8/13/12 has been lost in the outage or crash whatever I will try again.
Yes , several dealers sell Titanium cells. I think I remember seeing them at goinggear for one.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I have been using Stellar 1400mah batteries and they seem to last a bit longer than the Titianium in my lights.
Billy

VM 2

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up 50 titaniums for $60 on amazon. Not a bad deal IMO

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Won't be buying anymore Stellars. Had some leak while still in the plastic sleave that were kept in a drawer in my house. What a greasy mess!
Billy

gradio

Newly Enlightened
Won't be buying anymore Stellars. Had some leak while still in the plastic sleave that were kept in a drawer in my house. What a greasy mess!
Billy
Well there ya go.
I'd get a known proven battery and not quibble over a few cents for something else.
There is also a battery review here on cpf. You might want to review the charts and see how the Titanium's did.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up 50 titaniums for $60 on amazon. Not a bad deal IMO

Titanium Innovations CR123's are only $1 apiece even if you only buy 1 at battery junction. They are only $48 for 50 of them there. I bought about 8 of them 1.5 years ago and I'm still using them. Ive had zero issues with them.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
+

The proven way t get safe 123s, is with a brand that orders from one of the Panasonic factories. Just look for made in USA or Japan.