Talk me out of a Sunwayman T60cs.....

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Through my brief two days of hunting for a grab and go rechargeable that will do both really bright as well as an eight hour at 120+ lumens setting used in a harsh environment I think I have found a winner in the T60cs. Any better or at least differing ideas. Must me the afformentioned specs.

yliu

Enlightened
JetBeam RRT-3 XML, 18 hour on 180 lumens.

Olight SR91, 10 hour on 450 lumens (some people have reported that it's not completely water proof)

Olight S80, 8 hour on 180 lumen.

4Sevens Maelstrom S18, Fenix TK41, TK60 and many other flashlights all fit the 8 hour runtime on 120 lumen.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
While those are all very impressive none will charge via a dock without dis-assembling the light for every charge. Grab and go is important to me.

On second thought that sr91 looks promising. If The sr52 would take the battery of the 90 series it would be perfect.

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Through my brief two days of hunting for a grab and go rechargeable that will do both really bright as well as an eight hour at 120+ lumens setting used in a harsh environment I think I have found a winner in the T60cs. Any better or at least differing ideas. Must me the afformentioned specs.

Here's my go at talking you out of it.... Do you REALLY need 2100 lumens in this light for this purpose?

First off, the T60 should run at 120 lumens for significantly longer than 8 hours. Hold on, I forgot, I'm supposed to be talking you OUT of the T60, not INTO it....

Anyway, the T60 costs $205. It runs on 3- 18650. Its going to be pretty heavy and a little bulky. Its small for a 2000L light, but its not that small. It is probably more of a flooder than a thrower.

I'd say to choose the The Eagletac G25C2. It runs at a high of 770 emitter/640 ANSI lumens on 1-18650. Its significantly lighter than the T60. With the modes, you can choose between 2L(200 hours)-49L(20 hours)-74L(10 hours)-267L(3.5 hours)-640L(1.1hours) ANSI, OTF lumens. Those are all real out the front measurements. There are 2 strobes too. If 10 hours isnt enough run time on 74L, then just carry an extra battery, OR buy the optional kit which includes 2 battery tube extensions that lengthen the tube to accept either 3 CR123 or 2-18650, which will double run times. Kit also contains a flip-up diffuser(aluminum) with extra colored lenses. Its more of a thrower, but with the diffuser, its both thrower and flood light. It handles heat on its turbo setting very well. Doesnt get very hot.

The G25C2 is smaller, lighter, thinner than the T60, and costs 1/2 the price. The kit costs an extra $35. You can get the G25C2 at goinggear after their coupon for either $95 for the light, or for $126 with the complete kit. Would 640 OTF lumens be enough? It throws those 640L a long way...

But to be honest, I already have a G25C2, and now I want a 2000+ lumen light, and I dont remember the SWM T60, so it must be newer. I've been stuck on the TK70 and EL ST-90, both over 2000L and both between $229-$259. But now I need to do some research into the T60 to see if maybe it would be the better choice for me. Hope it handles heat better than the T20CS I own, cause it gets HOT!

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Wow!!! That's a lot of info. Until I research all of your info I have been swayed from the t60cs towards the olight sr91. Any thoughts on quality swm vs olight? Again rechargeability without disassembly is important. Now if I can find a way to carry the sr91 via belt loop/hook/holster securely.

yliu

Enlightened
How about the NiteEye 30? Runs on 4x18650 and has a charging port, so no disassembly needed.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Purchase finally made.... Ended up going with the olight sr91 and the Olight m21x. Needless to say I am very impressed by olight's reputation. Now looking for a charger for the m21x's AW2900's.
Got any suggestions? (see post in "batteries included").

Btw: huge thanks to all of you that helped along the way!

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light was on my list, after my last post here, along with the Nitecore TM11, and a few others. I ended up buying the Thrunite TN-30. It runs at 2700+ Lumens, has 6 brightness modes, runs at 350 lumens for 10 hours, or 38 Lumens for 75 hours. Runs on 3-18650's like most of the lights in this category. The Fenix TK41 doesnt really fit this category, as its more of a thrower, with only 800L and a fairly narrow beam. The lights in this category are more floody, with fairly decent throw.

The only problem I've had is some flickering on high, which I just started a thread about on the LED flashlights section 10 minutes ago, so I dont know if its a big problem or not yet.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
More than likely I will still buy the t60c in a few months but for now I think I have my needs met with the sr91 and m21x.

So many lights so little money.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Update: The m21x is going back. The size and head twist ui is a no go. T60cs, aw3100's, pila ibc, and v60 base inbound. This is getting expensive.

Btw the sr91 is everything I hoped for and more, just need to find a holster of some sort. Any ideas?

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Yes the t60cs is larger. The m21 seems tiny in my hands, I am sure I would drop and or lose it frequently. If the thunite tn30 had a charging port of some sort I would have gone that direction. Apparently the plunger type lights are not for me.

yliu

Enlightened
How about Niteye EYE30, I posted it here before.

Has a charging port, and 2000 lumens:)

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
I have read a few reports of quality control/failures with niteye products. Pretty happy with my decision. May pick up the tn30 or rrt3/sst50 if I can find one once I get used to the charging thing.

lightliker

Newly Enlightened
Wow!!! That's a lot of info. Until I research all of your info I have been swayed from the t60cs towards the olight sr91. Any thoughts on quality swm vs olight? Again rechargeability without disassembly is important. Now if I can find a way to carry the sr91 via belt loop/hook/holster securely.
Olight is quite ok, I own a SR90 for a year and half and are quite satisfied with it. The huge throw of it and the really sturdy way of building this light do appeal to me!
For now I am also looking at the t60C and TK75 because I like a smaller light next to my bed to blind any unwelcome visit in the night and to take with me without peple gasping what monster I haven taken with me :poke:.
The TK75 has a little weaker battery cradle which can of course be replaced while the T60C has a potential risk in damaging your batteries in case of a shortcut by keys in your pocket.
The T60C is a bit compacter and can easier be taken in your jacket, the TK75 however hrows like a beast and has at the same time a super energy saving output on which the light can be used many many hours in emergency cases. Both lights can also run (on low and not really encouraged in Fenix's case) on CR123 cells where a little emergency stash of 6 pieces are good for 10 years light ensurance in emergency cases. Both lights however have side switches (I really dislike switches at the bottom of a light), a ton of light (where the TK75 does a bit better on a lower temperature), are not too bulky, do have a low setting for many hours of light, exchangable batteries.
The advantage for the T60C could be charging in a cradle but my hesitation for series charging a 18650 Li-Ion battery you can read at the CPF (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...0-3000mA-exploded&highlight=exploding+battery). This is the sole reason for me, buying an Icharger 106B+m and a lot of small parts to balance charge my 3400mAh Panasonic cells (type Eden) with zero risk of creating explosions at full load.