Could a laser have helped in Colorado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
This just got me thinking. The shooter was covered in balistic protective gear, even a balistic helmet. No eye protection though. Imagine if someone pointed a 1+ watt green laser at his eye/face. Wouldn't that have blinded him? Any thoughts?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
I'm new to the laser forum but had the same thought! Trying to get a head shot with a conventional handgun might have been very difficult, but hitting the same target with a strong laser very possible.
Such a hit by a laser could have temporarily disabled or distracted the shooter long enough for someone to tackle him. Frank

fyrstormer

Banned
It might have worked, but unless you aimed it perfectly the first time, it also would've given the shooter something to aim at in the middle of an otherwise dark theater. I suppose if someone wanted to volunteer as a sacrificial target, a laser would've been a good tool for the job.

Even if it did blind the shooter, there's no guarantee they would've stopped shooting. It's not like the shooter was being very careful about his choice of targets.

As for shooting the guy with a normal gun, you don't need to get a head shot or chest shot on a civilian target to disable them. He had almost certainly never been shot before, and the shock and force of impact -- even with body armor -- would've stunned him for several seconds. That would allow time for a follow-up shot, or for a good old-fashioned tackle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.