Are Arc LS parts worth anything?

moses

Enlightened
Hope this is the right forum to ask this question as i think some have done mods on these old body parts.

Anyways, doing a major clean up and found a box of old parts including just about every part on the old Arc LS flashlight from tail to head to all the different permutations of the clear acrylic focusing lenses. all I'm missing are the electronic boards or I'll have complete ARC LS. Many parts are original unanodized.

Wondering if these are worth much still. Thanks in advance for any informed comments. I've not kept up with the flashlight scene unfortunately though my EDC is still a 4Sevens titanium Quark.

Thanks,
Mo

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long time no hear Moses! How have you been? I think there is a market for at lkeast SOME of the "parts". Have you any retaining nrings for the boards and lenses?

Karl

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, the market is very limited these days. Like the original HDS lights, the bottom had dropped out as far as price. I know cy is still sitting on a pile of them as well.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on now Tim!! With special (Chrome?) projects just within reach....just ABOUT within reach....there's bound to be increased demand!!! Errrr....James......?

Karl

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on now Tim!! With special (Chrome?) projects just within reach....just ABOUT within reach....there's bound to be increased demand!!! Errrr....James......?

Karl

Good one Karl...lol

I tried making the Mofo/Milky collaboration happen years ago, and it seems to be going down the same road to nowhere this time around.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Mo,

Last year I gathered up all my Arc stuff and sold it off in one large lot. I probably could have got more for it by selling it in pieces and parts, but I was happy with what I got, and so was the buyer.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...-for-sale-LS-AAA-RGB-lots-of-parts-too!-Cheap!

Time and tech march onward, but the Arc LS still holds a special place in my heart. Don't tell anyone, but I did actually keep one LS for myself. I had to, it's the light that started this whole odyssey for me.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Mo,

Last year I gathered up all my Arc stuff and sold it off in one large lot. I probably could have got more for it by selling it in pieces and parts, but I was happy with what I got, and so was the buyer.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?253183-**SOLD**Huge-Arc-Flashlight-lot-for-sale-LS-AAA-RGB-lots-of-parts-too!-Cheap!

Time and tech march onward, but the Arc LS still holds a special place in my heart. Don't tell anyone, but I did actually keep one LS for myself. I had to, it's the light that started this whole odyssey for me.

How the heck did I miss that one...WOW

cy

Flashaholic
Hey Mo,

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...-for-sale-LS-AAA-RGB-lots-of-parts-too!-Cheap!

did a search for Arc LS and this thread pops up .. yes I've been missing in action for sometime .. after 11k posts flat got burned out (some of my posts went missing as well)

Arc LS as the world's first production Luxeon light will always hold a special place in history among flashaholics ... with an output of about 30 lumens .. compared to today's flashlights it's amazing how far technologies has advanced.

Last edited: