Added another incan to my collection...

scout24

Flashaholic
My wife and I were at the Elephant's Trunk flea market in Fairfield, Ct. yesterday, and I came across this Eveready Captain 2C on a table for $5.00. A bit of cleaning, a new bulb, and nostalgic flashaholism was in full effect! No crud in the battery tube, looked brand new inside. Nostalgia for me, my Grandmother worked for Union Carbide starting right around when this was made. (Circa 1963 as per the FlashlightMuseum webpage.) Used it in the backyard last night, probably the first time in years it's been fired up. Metal switch with plastic button, momentary with off lock via button, just a cool piece of flashlight history. May need to look for a 2D next trip!

P1020170.jpg

P1020171.jpg

P1020172.jpg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, that looks awesome! Congratulations on your find...and thanks for sharing it. That's worthy of "shelf queen" status if ever a light was worthy!

:twothumbs

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I go to that flea market all the time. Picked up lots of useful stuff There. Good find!

bandits1

Newly Enlightened
Nice. My mom kept one of those in her headboard, and after seeing Star Wars for the first time, I played with it every single night.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never gotten into those vintage flashlights, but that one is actually really nice. Great find, wish it was mine!

LGT

Enlightened
I've owned similar lights in the past. It'd be really nice to have one now . These lights are a step in the evolution of the lights we now have. It's a piece of nostalgia. Makes me want to go out to yard sales or flea markets and try to find one.

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
Nice find,I remembed the d-cell models,the c-cell might be harder to come buy.That looks to be in good shape.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the 2D version of that light in the garage..... and I still use it! It's all beat up, but what the heck?