• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McGizmo Haiku - Neutral (4200K) Warm XP-G, 6V LE **FINAL REDUCTION**

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

Well this has not been an easy decision but I have decided to sell my XP-G 6 volt Haiku! Upon receiving this light I sent it off to a very well respected flashlight professional and had a neutral white XP-G swapped in. The LED is a XP-G R4 5C and is a perfect 4200K tint. Slightly more white than the 4000K XP-G Don used in the early warm Haiku's. Honestly the most ergonomic McGizmo light I have ever handled with the 2x123 pak. This light has been used and carried a little. There are a few minor but noticeable scuffs to the Ti body and one ding in the tail area. The LED is not perfectly centered but the original was not either and the mod said that he centered it on the PCB best he could. The beam is fantastic on this light. If you prefer neutral you will be most pleased. I am not overly sensitive to CRI but my eyes perceive tint better. Up next to the Nichia 219 I can not tell any difference in CRI rendering even though I know that on paper the 219 has a higher CRI rating. The 6 volt configuration adds increased runtime and higher output on high over the 3 volt LE. This light will also accept 2x16340. Size difference compared to the 3 volt is nearly negligible IMO. Anyway the asking price is $500 $475 $465 $449 $435 $420 $410 $400 $375 to include shipping USPS Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation and insurance CONUS. I am not looking for any trades and I prefer Paypal for payment. Any OCONUS sales will be responsible for actual shipping costs at your discretion. I will NOT be held accountable once the light leaves my possession after shipping. Basically for OCONUS please contact me via PM so we can figure out the safest way to get this light into your hands. Light will be listed on another forum so time stamp applies. I also would like to add that I have purposefully left the name of the mod professional off my sale thread out of respect to his wishes for retirement from these services. Let's just say he is one of the best! I would think that once the light was sold I could divulge who did the LED swap via PM just for full informational purposes. Thank you for understanding and thank you for looking!

-Jason

001-11.jpg

007-9.jpg

004-5.jpg

006-9.jpg

008-9.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-9.jpg

001-13.jpg

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: McGizmo Haiku - Neutral (4200K) Warm XP-G, 6V LE

Lucky for me and potential buyer there was no scratch on the sapphire glass. It was a dust spec! What the hell a small drop to celebrate! New pic for reference. :D

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would like to add a pic of a beam shot. I am no professional at this but the picture was taken about a foot away from a manilla colored wall. The light on the left is a Sunwayman V10R with a Nichia 219 mod. Middle light is the 6 Volt Haiku being sold and at the right is a stock warm XP-G 3 Volt Haiku. All 3 lights are on high and I used the auto white balance on the camera. Again I am no professional and this isn't a very good example of the true tint! I also included a pic of the LE in the first post.
007-10.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

Very cool light Jason, wish I could take it. All the best man. :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody buy this already! It's killing me! Awesome light and seller - you can't go wrong!

Free bump for a great seller and deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it might be the 2 cell rather than single cell that is holding this one up.
I would be all over a single cell one.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Would this be brighter than a 1x123 119 Haiku?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it might be the 2 cell rather than single cell that is holding this one up.
I would be all over a single cell one.

Maybe? It's only an 1 1/8" longer than the 1x123 Haiku with twice the runtime and a fair bit brighter on high. Quite honestly the 2x123 pak is very ergonomic and a real pleasure in the hand. I can detect zero PWM on any level! It's a shame. I should keep this one and sell my warm 1x123, I'd probably get more?!?!

Would this be brighter than a 1x123 119 Haiku?

It would be significantly brighter than a 1x123 Haiku high CRI 119. My 1x123 warm Haiku is 168 lumens on high and I would estimate this one (2x123) to be somewhere between 200-230 lumens on high. a little more spill and a nice punchy hotspot for decent lux over a single cell varient. The tint is awesome!