Smallest, Brightest, Tactical EDC /w Spike bezel out right now?

gt5oh

Newly Enlightened
I need to replace an old Nitecore Defender Infinity that I bought in 2008. Is there anything out better that meets those type of specs but hopefully smaller/brighter?

I like the spiked bezel of the Nitecore so something similar would be helpful, please list the maker & model thanks

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is not a lot of AA lights that incorporate or have the option for crenulated bezels.

Anyway...

Jetbeam RRT-0 with AA extender and mini blunt or strike bezel. Bug Out Gear USA sells all of them. Those bezels are the most aggressive ones I have seen on any AA-compatible light.

Fenix LD12 has a crenulated bezel, albeit a mild one.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Spark SL5 fits your criteria. It's a great little light, although it's biggest advantage is having two buttons and the way it handles 14500's. Still, a very good allround light.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Jetbeam RRT-0 with AA extender and mini blunt or strike bezel. Bug Out Gear USA sells all of them. Those bezels are the most aggressive ones I have seen on any AA-compatible light.

I'll 2nd the RRT-0. It's my fav edc light. Not too big to carry. And Nitecore makes a great Ti clip that fits it.

gt5oh

Newly Enlightened
The LD12 has less output than the nitecore and is longer.. the Spark SL5 has many different models, which one are you referencing?

gt5oh

Newly Enlightened
My nitecore is 93mm in size which is about 3.66 inches long with a instant on output of about almost 200 lumens on a rechargeable CR123 battery

I am looking for something to beat these specs since this light is about 4 years old now..

borealis

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at this -- http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201202/79.html

230 lumens with length of 75mm which puts it under 3 inches but does anyone know if you can replace the front bezel with something crenulated / spike??
There are modders on CPF (PrecisionWorks and JHanko are the ones I know of) who can create a new or modify an existing bezel with crenelations. It's generally meant for the V-series Ti lights, but I believe they're the exact same size. Also it'll cost ya.

gt5oh

Newly Enlightened
damn I thought it was plug and play.. as in I could screw off another brand and screw it on this one... is there a link to their work?

borealis

Newly Enlightened
damn I thought it was plug and play.. as in I could screw off another brand and screw it on this one... is there a link to their work?
1, 2. I haven't seen any lights that have a compatible bezel.

gt5oh

Newly Enlightened
The Mx20 is 5.5 inches long
The Rs11 is 6.2 inches long

nice lights, but I am looking for something small for the backpocket

Ideal specs

About 3 Inches Long
Forward Clicky
200+ lumens
Bezel with crenelations/spike

I cant find anything that fits these though

gt5oh

Newly Enlightened
the e2dl is long.. 5.4 inches

the balder hd1 is nice!! thats what I am looking for. what kind of lumens are we talking about

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any particular reason you want a spiked bezel besides being ripped to shreds if you ever go to court?