Tell me about...MAXTOCH HID FLASHLIGHT

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first thrower flashlight,and I think I will buy the Sunwayman T40CS,which has 800 lumens and about 500 meter throw,but I saw on ebay some MAXTOCH HID flashlights,it's budget chineese company,but the flashlights look very nice,and it's very cheap,the average price of HID flashlight is more than 350$.
Here is link to MAXTOCH website:http://maxtoch.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=41&Itemid=64
so what do you think about those flashlights? Has someone those flashlights?
is it quality flashlights company? what do you think about the quality and durability of those flashlights? is it XXXfire quality or better quality?
the price of Sunwayman T40CS+batteries and charger and the price of MAXTOCH HID flashlight is about the same.
so which flashlight do you think is better? which flashlight am I need to buy?
thanks advance...

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think HidCountry and a few others have similar lights for about $100. This class of light is kind of a package deal with a too-small-to-throw reflector, baseball bat form factor, and proprietary battery pack of potential-house-burning quality.

Phil Ament

Enlightened
Looks like your typical eBay HID lights to me....though way overpriced if they're $350.

Yes I would have to totally agree as they look exactly like all of the many different eBay ones that are for sale at around 1/2 to a 1/3 of the price. On the particular site that you have linked to I have also noticed that they don't even seem to state what the colour temperature/kelvin rating is which seems just a little strange, and I also think that their claimed "Illumination Distance" figures of 2000 meters is just a tad too optimistic for my liking!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
In that case, there is a Magic Scorpian 40W HID on CPFMP for $150, not in the Firefox league but still better than those generic HIDs