First, let me explain the application:
- 2002 Ram 2500 (think '94-01 Dodge truck, the 2500 was an old body style carry-over in '02)
- 921 bulbs used in the cargo lights, the two white lights next to the CHMSL at the top rear of the cab
- These cargo lights can only turn on when the cab interior lights are on - they can't be lit when the truck is driving as I couldn't see to drive with the cab interior lights on
- The CHMSL takes different bulbs, so what I am asking for can't be used there and I will not be changing those bulbs
- The cargo light lens is textured to make a flood pattern
I am looking for brighter, LED bulbs for the cargo light position. The 921 bulb there now is mounted with the socket facing out so the top of the bulb is facing the lens (the way a flashlight bulb is mounted). The location has only a partial reflector - the mounting location is a square opening and only the two sides have a reflector, not the top and bottom. I don't want to go with a higher power incandescent bulb out of concern for heat in the all plastic housing. It seems that this would be a good application for a high power directional LED replacement.
I have considered this application for some time before posting. I do not believe I have violated any rules about asking for an illegal application. If I have broken the rules in some way, it would be helpful to me to learn what I missed.