Klarus RS11-Rechargeable flashlight 620 ANSI Lumens-Review+HQ Pics+Video

FlashLion

Enlightened
​Hello.This is the new model from Klarus-RS11-combination of tactical flashlight and flashlight for everyday use.I love the look of all Klarus flashlights and their user interface.For that I write this review and will add many pictures so You can see every detail of the flashlight.
Each series flashlights Klarus have something innovative that makes the flashlights unique.
RS 11 also has some innovations that make it very convenient to use.The most important in this model-it is a rechargeable flashlight.It can be charged from PC USB port,adapter from 12V plug in the car or adapter for 220/110V to 5V.

animation89579666.gif
Specifications from the manufacturer:
• CREE XM-L (U2) LED with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours
• Lighting modes:
620 ANSI lumens (2.2 hrs) -- 150 lumens (7.3 hrs) -- 10 lumens (215 hrs)
Variable frequency strobe: 620 lumens (4.4 hrs)
• Working Voltage: 3.4V - 8.4V
• Battery: 2x CR123A / 1x 18650 (any 18650 battery with PCB protection–
using unprotected batteries may be hazardous to the user and cause damage
to the flashlight)
• Charging:
Input: 5 V
Output: 4.2V/500 mA max
• Charging time: Decided by battery capacity. Formula is:
Charging time = (battery capacity/500 mA) + 0.5 hrs
• Body color: Dark grey
• Reflector: Textured orange peel reflector
• Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass
• Dimensions: 160mm (Length) x 36 mm (Head) x 25.4mm (Body)
• Net weight: 156g (Excluding battery)​
•Included accessories: holster, lanyard, body clip, USB charging cable and one spare o-ring
Features
• Specially designed magnetic connection. When the charging cable is within 1cm of the charging
port it self-locates to make the connection. The charging cable can be removed quickly and safely
at any time, which makes it an effective flashlight to use in rapid response situations.
• Ergonomically designed to be easy to operate with just one hand. The switches are very easy to
locate by touch in the dark.
• Uses a USB interface chargeable design, so you can charge in the home, office, airport, vehicle, etc.
Basically, anywhere that has a USB interface. You can also remove the battery and charge separately
and also use CR123A batteries (do not charge CR123A batteries).
• Low loss, high intensity, portable USB charging cable (K1-D5).
• Any 18650 rechargeable battery with PCB protection can be used.
• Strobe can be activated when the flashlight is on or off, giving instant access to a blinding strobe from
any mode.
• Three lighting modes with memory function make it adaptable for different situations.
• Detachable stainless steel strike bezel protects the lens and has a self-defense purpose.
• Color filters and a diffuser can be securely attached; screwed-in to replace the bezel.
• Uses just one 18650 battery. Max output is 620 ANSI lumens and super long runtime of 9 days.
• Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard (underwater to 2 meters).

All accessories

Sturdy holster,lanyard,USB charging cable,split ring,two spare o-rings

The flashlight has beautiful dark grey type III hard anodizing,very nice to the touch.There are interesting cooling fins on the head.The strike bezel is stainless steel and it is detachable.It is more aggressive and bigger than the strike bezel of Klarus XT11.Color filters and diffuser can be attached.

The cnurling of the flashlight is excellent.The clip seems stable.The grip of the flashlight is very comfortable.

This time the patented dual switch is placed on the side of the flashlight.The buttons are with different height for easy location.
Their handling is easy and fast to convene.Using them is very nice and after using RS11 I feel the dual switch on the XT11 little bit stiff.

Screw threads are square shape.All rubbing parts are very well greased.
The battery tube is
complex construction and thick enough.All is well sized and 18650 protected batteries fit perfectly.
There's no spring at the head,but flat contact batteries work well.

RS11 can tailstand :thumbsup:

The main switch is for ON-OFF and mode changing,the other switch is for strobe.The strobe can be activated at any time.The main switch is not a typical forward clicky switch.It is the same as the strobe switch(electronic switching)-a switch without fixation in two positions.This makes working with RS11 very light,comfortable and quiet.:)
Shorter pressure is needed for the switch to be activated.So it is easier to be activated in emergency situations.

There's no switch at the tail of the torch.There is innovative magnetic self locating connector for charging the battery and LED for indication of charging status-red when charging and green when charged.No cap for the magnetic contacts,but there's no voltage on them,so maybe no problems with shorting from a metal objects(I didn't test it).

The cable for connection with power supply uses USB connector at one end and magnetic connector at the other.Lenght of the cord 1.2m(47.2 inches)
This type of connection is very useful.Can be connect and disconnect fast in any situation.

Klarus RS11 is equipped with orange peel reflector and LED Cree XM-L U2.
The LED is perfectly centered and gives well shaped hotspot.

Blue color AR coated,Toughened ultra-clear glass lens.

Compared to Klarus XT11 the orange peel looks slightly different and on my sample gives a beam with better color and shape and looks more concentrated.
The beam illuminates very wide area and all around is visible.This combined with pretty good throw for OP reflector+XM-L led,gives excellent use of these 620 lumens.
200 meters are not a problem for light throwing(depends on weather condition-dust in the air,moisture). This is a whole wall of light !
:)

Klarus RS 11 Vs Klarus XT11

Wall at 5 meters.
No visible difference in the beams when on the photos.

Each of the three modes is usable.High mode-620 lm-pretty bright; Medium mode is 150 lm and it is perfect when long runtime is needed.150 lm give a very good illuminating.
Low mode 10 lm is useful on close distance-reading maps,walking,or just to check the watch.
Again,the strobe is variable frequency 620 lm.It's good but can't disorient me and I will use it for other purposes-signaling,maybe for some bad dogs.
:whistle:
The light output seems to be well regulated.I use only 18650 batteries,so I don't have impressions of using CR123 batteries.

Three lighting modes-High,Medium,Low
Wall at 1 meter.

Beam compared to other flashlights->(from left to right) ,Klarus RS11 XM-L U2, XP-G R5 TIR, XR-E Q5 SMO
Wall at 5 meters

The user interface is easy to remember and easy to use.The memory function need the light to be on for more than 3 seconds.This is a little bit long time for me,but not a big problem.

User Interface-
Lighting switch: Click the higher button for less than 0.6 of a second to activate momentary-on function. Press and hold the higher button for longer than 0.6 of a second to access the memorized mode (the mode that was previously used). Press and hold the higher button for more than 0.6 of a second to cycle through High-Mid-Low modes and release the switch to select a mode. Click the higher button to turn the light off.
Strobe switch: Press the lower button for less than 0.6 of a second for momentary strobe. Press and hold the lower button for more than 0.6 of a second to lock the strobe. Click the lower button to return to previous lighting mode.
There is a memory function for the last used lighting level.
Memory function:When the light is on for more than 3 seconds,the mode will be memorized.Turn the light off, then the next time you switch the light on it will activate with the memorized mode.
And the best news for many people-There's no sign of visible PWM on High mode:goodjob:.
On Medium and Low RS11 uses PWM-It cannot be avoided because it's needed to operate the dual switch UI.
Here is comparison to Klarus XT11:

XT11 left-RS11 right

Color compared to black flashlight and Klarus XT11

RS11 comes with good sturdy holster with many options for attaching.

One of the biggest benefits of RS11's placed on the side dual switch-can be used even with a bag in hand and all lighting modes are accessible for use without need to changing the grip.:thumbsup:

+
This flashlight offers many possibilities for using it in any situation and can be kept always charged thanks to the convenient way of charging.The dual side switch also provides many benefits.
The user interface is perfect and gives enjoyment working with it.Very good looking flashlight and very bright.
-
I have nothing bad to say about Klarus RS11.

More pics:
:sssh:

My Video Review-HD Close Up and HQ Pics

Last edited:

Alphax45

Newly Enlightened
Re: Klarus RS11-Rechargeable flashlight-Review+HQ Pics

This will be my next light for sure *lust* :)

SDM44

Newly Enlightened

Nice pics & review. I had 2 quick questions....

1) I see that you're using a 2200mAh 18650 battery. Any particular reason why you're using that specific one over any other rechargeable 18650, like say a Redilast 3100mAh 18650? Would you foresee any charging issues with different 18650's?

2) Have you tried charging the light with a 1 amp USB port, and then compare the charge time using a 2 amp USB charge port? How about the time to charge on a USB 2.0 port on that you find on most computers these days?

FlashLion

Enlightened

Hi. The only reason for using Klarus 18650 is because this battery is really good even it's 2200mAh.I don't have other trusted brand 18650 batteries for test,but I think no problem for charging any other batteries.
About USB ports-The charging time depends of the charger not of the power supply.1 or 2 Amps mean that you can connect something that consume this current and the port will not burn.If your charger charging with 500mA ,the power supply won't increase this current.
About charging time-I haven't done good measurements but I charge the battery from ~3.6V and when I disconnected the flashlight from a USB voltage was ~4.2V and the charging time ~3 hours.
From the user manual-
• Charging:
Input: 5 V
Output: 4.2V/500 mA max
• Charging time: Decided by battery capacity.Formula is:
Charging time = (battery capacity/500 mA) + 0.5 hrs

Last edited:

Alphax45

Newly Enlightened

Caved and ordered it today :) Now I play the "wait for it to show up in the mail" game :p

timo54321

Newly Enlightened

I currently carry a Zebralight sc600. I love this new rs11 but I'm questioning how it will be for everyday carry in my front pants pocket? Any Suggestions? Thanks.

FlashLion

Enlightened

What a font:faint:. Klarus RS11 is more solid and heavier so all depends of your pants and how big are you:D. Also depends on how long you will carry it.

timo54321

Newly Enlightened

I guess I will find out if I like it, I broke down and ordered one a bit ago. :)

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
Re: Klarus RS11-Rechargeable flashlight 620 ANSI Lumens-Review+HQ Pics

Wow, excellent review of an amazing flashlight. I was looking for a good rechargeable one and this is just love at first sight! Thanks again for the ridiculous amount of pictures, will be purchasing this shortly!

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
Re: Klarus RS11-Rechargeable flashlight 620 ANSI Lumens-Review+HQ Pics

So does anyone know of a brick and mortar store that might sell this product in Illinois? I made the mistake of buying this from 'dinodirect.com' and now it's taking forever to ship from the Far East. I'll need it soon and I don't think my shipment is going to arrive in time. So much for trying to save a buck or two and ordering from an unknown vendor D:

FlashLion

Enlightened
Outdoor Beamshots;)

Compared to other flashlights
qrr1.gif

Very good density of the light.That's very useful in most situations.

Click on the small pics to see them full size

The three lighting levels

hml.gif

Click on the small pics to see them full size.

56565.gif

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
Hello, great review,

However, if you don't mind, may I kindly ask where are you from? I've picked up an error or two in grammar common when translating from another language. Not saying it was horrible or anything, I'm just curious if you have another primary language other than English:) Remember, I am asking with no negative intents:D

Cheers

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
The grammar is irrelevant in this case, we're not talking English literature this is a flashlight review, all the information is well presented and very comprehensive, a job well done. My hats off to folks like flashlion who take the time to construct such excellent reviews. Extra points for it not being in his native tongue, my written English is atrocious please don't ask me to write a review in a language other than English.

Norm
Hello, great review,

However, if you don't mind, may I kindly ask where are you from? I've picked up quite a few errors in grammar common when translating from another native language such as those that derive from Latin. Not saying it was horrible or anything, I'm just curious if you have another primary language other than English:) Remember, I am asking with no negative intents:D

Cheers

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
The grammar is irrelevant in this case, we're not talking English literature this is a flashlight review, all the information is well present and very comprehensive, a job well done. My hats off to folks like fashlion who take the time to construct such excellent reviews. Extra points for it not being in his native tongue, my written English is atrocious please don't ask me to write a review in a language other than English.

Norm

No worries, I totally agree Norm,

I was just curious as to what his native tongue was, as I felt I could help him or connect and get to know his culture. You see, my native languages are English and Spanish, but I have posted reviews in Italian with the kind help of the Italian community I befriended. I guess I'm sort of a really open minded, curious guy:D

I do have great respect for this member, however, and have no intents on disrespecting him at all:)

Cheers, Alain

FlashLion

Enlightened
I'm from Europe and my native language is not derived from Latin.
The reviews forum is for questions about flashlights.
If you have any private questions,comments or want to help,it's better to send me a PM.
Cheers

Ned Kelly

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the informantive review. I think I'll get one of these. I prefer lights with side switches and this one looks well thought out.
Cheers.