cell phone light XML

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
So I bought a new heavyduty cell phone. A kyocera duraplus with built in flashlight. This is probably the nicest HD phone I've eve had. When looking into the optic on top the led in there seems to be a large single die. Its a nice floody beam thats plenty bright,and a pleasant neutral. Hear are some pics of it compared to a ti dqg ii.This is my first attempt at beam shots.
IMG_0624-1.jpg

control
IMG_0630.jpg

dgq ii r4 low
IMG_0632.jpg

r4 hi
IMG_0631.jpg

cellphone/brick
IMG_0633.jpg

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Thats the camera flash light? Id love to turn a cell into a light also build a little reflector on the back lol

whateatsrabbits

Newly Enlightened
Oops I meant to. The only way to get a god view of the led is to look into the optic and kinda rotate the phone at different angles so the pic isn't very good.
IMG_0628.jpg

david57strat

Enlightened
Oops I meant to. The only way to get a god view of the led is to look into the optic and kinda rotate the phone at different angles so the pic isn't very good.
IMG_0628.jpg

It's too bad all smart phones don't include a decent light. My iPhone 4 will use the LED (the flash) as a "flashlight", but the light is fairly useless for anything other than lighting up a keyhole. Yours actually looks very usable! Thanks for sharing the pic.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
It's too bad all smart phones don't include a decent light. My iPhone 4 will use the LED (the flash) as a "flashlight", but the light is fairly useless for anything other than lighting up a keyhole. Yours actually looks very usable! Thanks for sharing the pic.
Same here. I wonder what LED it is, too small to be a XM-L.