Pic request! Oveready Moddoolar slim cell tube with SF or Cryos bezel

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Just like the title says please. I searched but couldnt find any pics.

Im thinking of a new build using the Oveready Moddoolar slim cell tube either the TL50-S or the TL65-S with either a Surefire Z44 bezel or a Cryos bezel (using the optional interface) and either a Surefire Z41 tail or maybe a Triad tail.

Can anyone help me out with a picture of such a beast?

Thanks!

:lovecpf

brunt_sp

Enlightened
Hi Captain, sorry about the delay. I didn't have the Z41 available but have shown the OR Diamondback. The body is a TL65-S.
DSC02170.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Better late than never! Thanks for posting. That looks as good as I was expecting. I had postponed this build for an arc6 endeavor but I think in going to get started now. Thanks!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to brunt for the pics!

Just a few questions:

1) Does the adapter which covers the head-tube gap blend smoothly with the slim tube?
2) Where do we get the SF rubber rings for the slim tube like the Z2 to use the "combat grip" to activate the switch? (assuming the rubber rings fit).
3) How long is the light (cryos + regular OR tailcap but not including the rubber switch length)?
4) What is the outside diameter of the body/tube? (I assume about the same as Z2).

thanks

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened
Carl,

I have the identical set-up... Here's my take:

1) Yes it does, very seamless looking
2) I don't think this will work for a number of reason, one of them being that I think it would be a bear to even get the surefire rings over the top or bottom of the tube. That said, 2 things.. 1) I think a thick O-ring would work here. 2) The tube tapers from the switch side and I think the combat grip works fine without rings. I've used it this way with no issues
3) This one, not sure... but very close in length to a 6P, if not the same.
4) The inner section is very slim, 19-20mm. This tube tapers in significantly.

Hope that helps!
D

Thanks to brunt for the pics!

Just a few questions:

1) Does the adapter which covers the head-tube gap blend smoothly with the slim tube?
2) Where do we get the SF rubber rings for the slim tube like the Z2 to use the "combat grip" to activate the switch? (assuming the rubber rings fit).
3) How long is the light (cryos + regular OR tailcap but not including the rubber switch length)?
4) What is the outside diameter of the body/tube? (I assume about the same as Z2).

thanks

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darvis - thanks for your answers. I kinda think the SF rings will be a bear to get onto the tube too. Maybe I need to rethink that one.

One question about the tube - are the tailcap threads hard anodized like the rest of the tube? I assume so since the threads are not bare silver but black colored. I wonder why SF tubes have bare tailcap threads but OR is HAIII, especially since the tailcaps are interchangeable. Maybe as long as the tailcap is tightened down good, that's all that matters for the electrical path.

What drop-in are you using? I'm looking for a low-low around 10 lumens max. I also notice nailbender has 4-level drivers which is nice. Vinhnguyen also has some good ones.

BTW, I just wrote to OR about getting more tubes for sale - have you heard when they are planning on replenishing their stock? Thanks.

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened
Threads are definitely anodized, lock-out is possible.

For the money, and @ 40 lumens, I think the Malkoff M61LLLL from OR is incredible for this rig... runtime on an 18650 would be insane. Illumination supply has the M61LLL 216 and it is AWESOME!! The purest white I've seen yet.

I personally use the M61LLL 216 for EDC...

Anything lower than that, heck you could build your own 5mm LED battery vampire with a P60 drop-in if you want 5-10 lumens. Just google it... Very easy to do. I am not a "modes" fan for EDC and my rig is a single level twisty. That aside, both Vinh and Nailbender build GREAT stuff (I have many of each of their drop-ins) and you will get more than what you pay out of their drop-ins... I just prefer one mode is all and Malkoff fits that bill for me for EDC. I'll bet Vinh would build you a killer Battery Vampire with a Nichia 219... hmmmm... I may have to send him a PM!!!

I have not heard, but Dan is very responsive.. They run the tubes (and other parts) in batches so it's always feast then famine; my advice is hear what Dan says then do not hesitate to hit PAY when you see them!!

Also, I've always had great luck in the B/S/T forums. Just post in the what to buy and you may just find seller...

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Darvis - I'll have to look up the 5mm vampire - didn't know about it until you mentioned it! Thanks a bunch!