lights on bikes

plaguem

Enlightened
Hi folks,

I'm new to this site, but I'm loving every post I read. Who'd have thought that there were more people like me with an unexplainable attraction to lights!

Other than using a flashlight around the house, I use it primarily when I go cycling at night or super early in the mornings. Anyone else here use their lights the same way? I use a fenix bike mount with my quark 2AA but it takes up a lot of real estate on the handle bars. Even worse, it rattles (the mount not the light) and I absolutely hate that.

I'd post a picture of my setup, but I'm at work now. :sssh: Will try to do that later.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Say what you will about my bike's looks, but it runs rattle free and smooth as butter.
Here's my hose clamp setup:

plaguem

Enlightened
Say what you will about my bike's looks, but it runs rattle free and smooth as butter.
Here's my hose clamp setup:

absolutely no shame at all in a setup like this! I think i will give your setup a try. i gotta ask though, what's the white stuff that you've got on the top ring? some kind of rubber putty?

here's a picture of my current setup as promised. quite crowded my handlebars.
img2879u.jpg

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
absolutely no shame at all in a setup like this! I think i will give your setup a try. i gotta ask though, what's the white stuff that you've got on the top ring? some kind of rubber putty?

here's a picture of my current setup as promised. quite crowded my handlebars.
img2879u.jpg
It's a silicone clay called sugru. Sugru can (as far as I'm aware) only be ordered online. It is very resilient to high and low temperatures.
I put it there to avoid scratching my Quark, but other substances/materials may also work.

Last edited: