Estwing Camper's Axes

Noxx

Newly Enlightened
Zombie post, but hey, I'm new.

I grew up with an Estwing on my belt when outdoors. Never let me down, but never really accounted for itself either. I use a Gransfors Bruks hatchet and SFA now, and I can't imagine going back.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Good necro bump. :)

We were backpacking up in the OR Cascades a little over a week ago; ~1 ft of snow and I found our Estwing hatchet to be indispensible for firewood. All the tinder was wet, snowy, and icy so we were able to split up a sappy stump which made the best tinder of the trip. One of the best things we had up there. :thumbsup:

Noxx

Newly Enlightened
Good necro bump. :)

We were backpacking up in the OR Cascades a little over a week ago; ~1 ft of snow and I found our Estwing hatchet to be indispensible for firewood. All the tinder was wet, snowy, and icy so we were able to split up a sappy stump which made the best tinder of the trip. One of the best things we had up there. :thumbsup:

I grew up on the west coast where the Estwing acquits itself pretty well against the firs and similar softwoods. It was only after spending some camping time on the Blue Ridge that I took a different look at what I really wanted / needed in an all purpose axe.

CLHC

Flashaholic