Best Zombie Movie

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Of all the movies you've seen, what's the best zombie movie?

Dawn of the Dead Remake.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've seen them both. The original was better in some ways, plus it was the original. But I'd be lying if I said it was better overall than the remake.

That was one of the few remakes Hollywood has done that didn't suck harder than a starving vampire.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Braindead!
More seriously, I like the resident evil series a lot, and Dead Snow (zombie nazis) is quite good as well.

CVLPA

Newly Enlightened
Spanish zombie move [REC] from 2007.

And Shaun Of The Dead of course ;)

braddy

Enlightened
I agree with you, the Dawn of the Dead remake. I also like the original Zombie movie, 'White Zombie' with Bela Lugosi.

hawk45

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a big zombie guy and I know it's not a movie, but The Walking Dead on AMC is really good. I'll have to check out Dawn of the Dead. I like that there are dark versions (28 Days series, Resident Evil) and the comedy side (Zombieland, Sean of the Dead).

Do you like your zombies to only be able to walk.. or do you like when they can RUN!?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Not sure if "28 Days Later" is technically a zombie film. Those folks weren't undead. Just infected with rage. Shoot one of them in the torso, and they die. No head shots needed.

As for "28 Weeks Later," not nearly as good.

Imon

Enlightened
I can't believe more people enjoy the remake of Dawn of the Dead than the original one...:(

Oh well, I suppose a lot of it has to do with the order in which you watched the films - I watched the original first and thought it was much better. Not saying the remake is bad but it had a lot of cheesy action film cliches and the ending with the apocalypse buses... come on.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I can't believe more people enjoy the remake of Dawn of the Dead than the original one...:(

Oh well, I suppose a lot of it has to do with the order in which you watched the films - I watched the original first and thought it was much better. Not saying the remake is bad but it had a lot of cheesy action film cliches and the ending with the apocalypse buses... come on.

They couldn't use a helicopter the way they did in the original. Have a good machinist or metal worker in your group, and no reason a bus can't be reinforced the way they did.

sadboy

Newly Enlightened
I classify 28 Days Later... in the general field of survival horror. With that said, while it's not technically a zombie movie, that and the original Dawn of the Dead are my favorite movies related to the zombie genre, mainly because of how they portray the survivors coping with their situations (e.g. it's not all about killing to survive; the movies occasionally shift and make you feel the characters regain normalcy in their lives). The remake of Dawn of the Dead focused more the action and an impending doom (there was just no escaping the fast zombies). It was like one f'ed up situation after the other. The remake of Night of the Living Dead and Sean of the Dead lie somewhere as a second-tier favorite.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Can a TV series such as The Walking Dead be considered as a "movie"? Its by far the best zombie show I've seen.

It's a nice TV show, but at times way too slow-paced. Last season's last few episodes, they did speed things up a bit though.

smokey616

Newly Enlightened
Night Of The Living Dead
The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue/Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Dellamorte Dellamore/Cemetary Man
Dawn Of The Dead
Return Of The Living Dead

in that order. old school all the way.

Latest posts