SF Lexan lens replacement/repair

rjr104

Newly Enlightened
I've got a couple M3 lexan bezels that are heat dimpled. Don't want to wreck them by cutting them out for repalcement in that I want to use the dimpled lens as a pattern to make a new one (I'm told there are no kits like the Z17 for M3's). Has anyone tried blowing them out with compressed air? You'd have to hit them hard and fast with quite a bit of pressure because they moderately leak air as they stand. Anyone ever try this, and what were your results?
TIA,
RJ

LE6920

Newly Enlightened
Turn them upside down and use a punch that fits in the bezel. Give them a sharp tap and the lens will pop out. I put the new one in the same way. Put a small plastic piece over the new lens, and one sharp tap and its back in place. The M3 lenses are 1.5 inches. I have never broken one tapping one out with a punch.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turn them upside down and use a punch that fits in the bezel. Give them a sharp tap and the lens will pop out. I put the new one in the same way. Put a small plastic piece over the new lens, and one sharp tap and its back in place. The M3 lenses are 1.5 inches. I have never broken one tapping one out with a punch.

Are they the same size and thickness as the new M3 len ? My one is very old A00539
Where would one get a new lens from surefire ?
I wonder if I send them an old school bezel would they replace the Lens for me ? I would hate for them to lose the bezel as it would be imposable to replace.

cheers

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've replaced the Lexan lenses in a few of my Surefire lights using sheet acrylic that I bought at a local plastics store. They even have abrasion resistant acrylic. I used that stuff to make replacement lenses for my 9Ns using my mill and a rotary table. Neither clear acrylic nor Lexan handle heat well, so replacing a plastic lens with a plastic lens on a high power incandescent light probably isn't a good idea.