• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Keyring Eiger bodies question.....

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you still get the Eiger Keyring bodies what aren't drilled all the way through? I really like that style.

MKLight

Enlightened
Yes, they're the lug and pocket bodies. The lug has a permanent keyring attachment and the pocket is flat on the bottom.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, that's not what I'm talking about.

I mean the one with the removable keyring attachment, that isn't bored all the way through for a momentary switch. The way the used to make them several years ago. I'm wondering if you can still get one. It's the same kind I currently have in my brass Eiger. You can unscrew the keyring to detach it from your keyring, and it can tailstand. Very nifty design.

eiger1t.jpg

eiger2.jpg

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I believe that the change to an adjustable negative post was to better accommodate slight differences in battery length, among AAA/10440 cells....

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It works fine without a keyring attachment and it can tailstand, but it won't be very water resistant. Then again it can tailstand with a momentary switch too. :)

archimedes

Flashaholic
If you use the QTC pill you can remove the keying attachment and it should still work.

Has anyone confirmed if this works?

Sure, this works fine on mine ....

EDIT - Excellent point, dudemar. I agree that this might compromise the water-resistance. However, for most purposes, I would suppose that use of the tail-standing feature is less likely to be needed underwater :devil:

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a brass/copper screw visible on the Oveready page, not sure if it has an o-ring. That would allow water resistance and tailstanding.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
That screw fits into the inner threads and was needed to provide negative contact on long pre QTC bodies. It goes in to far to be installed at the same time with a pill.

OTOH, there is a screw that fits into the outer threads (think shaved keychain post). It tailstands, supports clip attachment, and includes a full sealing o ring. Just need to get it finished...

manoloco

Enlightened
Interesting accesory Dan, it could be made so it supports a keyring too, it would make a GREAT Eiger.

Also could be made so it controls brightness from the tail (with a central stem) but dont see that option too practical for my current uses

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
That screw fits into the inner threads and was needed to provide negative contact on long pre QTC bodies. It goes in to far to be installed at the same time with a pill.

OTOH, there is a screw that fits into the outer threads (think shaved keychain post). It tailstands, supports clip attachment, and includes a full sealing o ring. Just need to get it finished...

That's awesome! I'm glad I brought it up, now I know what I want for Christmas! :)

Last edited: