Foxfury Breakthrough

Thread: Best Wrist Watch Flashlight

Default Best Wrist Watch Flashlight

You know, I always end up needing a light in the most inopportune times. The one thing that I always have on me is my watch, so I figured a watch with an LED on it would be quite useful.

Anyone familiar with any wrist watches with reasonably powerful flashlight capabilities?

Default Re: Best Wrist Watch Flashlight

I've been wanting to mount a 18650 powered light with a lot of throw on my wrist, under my shirt. The idea came from Spidey...Imagine flipping your wrist and blinding someone. It would be an interesting defensive trick. It would also leave my hands (more) free(ish) to do other things.

OK...My idea is silly, and somehow I think you meant a lot fewer lumens (and no discomfort bordering on a burn mark.)
    Last edited by recycledelectrons; 07-28-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Jack Bauer from the TV show 24 has a pretty cool watch that might be what you're looking for:

Flashaholic*

I'm not aware of any with decent output (but that doesn't mean there aren't any). If you do manage to find one, make sure it is very easy to change batteries ('cos if you use it much at all and it does actually put out a decent amount of lumens then it will probably chew through the necessarily small batteries pretty quickly).
    WTB Any Brand locking pliers multitool, Kershaw Bit Kit, leather sheath

Surefire has one in their 2012 catalog. One is a light only but the other one has a watch on top of it

Click me if you want to see more.

Man that watch/light combo is really thick. I don't know how practical that would be.
    "I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work." -Chris Titus

Quote Originally Posted by bnemmie View Post
    Man that watch/light combo is really thick. I don't know how practical that would be.
    That what I was thinking

I think someone needs to make one that is either rechargeable or runs on 2 AAA's, one on each side of you wrist.
    Fenix LD01 R4, E05 R4, PD31, TK20, TK35, E11, Jetbeam BC25, RRT-0, Klarus NT20, iTP A3 R5, A3 Ti S2, 4Sevens Preon 1, Quark X 123^2, Sunwayman V10R Ti, Surefire G2X Tactical, ThruNite TN31, Mag-Lite XL50, Mag 2D XP-E

Chunky or not, I am still drooling over that Surefire prototype. I wonder when they'll come out with that... and it'll probably be overpriced.

Bigpal, I don't see why nobody has noticed your contribution yet - so I'll start the ball rolling. I really like the look of the iBeam watch/magnifier/flashlight combo - I see there are several varieties, some with flashlight alone, some with magnifiers as well. The one you picture reminds me so much of James Coburn's watch in the film "Our Man Flint" and must have been inspired by it, at least in part. Nice to see it has an on/off button, not merely a momentary. The manufacturer states you can use the flashlight for a year on one set of batteries including using the flashlight ten times a day, but do not state how long you can use it for each time! Also no idea if the flashlight battery is the same as powers the watch. Nevertheless, my geeky needy childlike side is excited at the thought of this watch/torch being available now. Also the magnifier would come in very handy for me as I'm 48 years old and beginning to need reading glasses. Grrrr. Curse you, middle age!!!!

Really trying to resist one, but generally I expect to dent my bank balance again in the near future!!!

Now all I need is a lighter with 82 functions, 83 if you want to light a cigar! (Although in both films we only see nine functions in total).
    Last edited by Nyctophiliac; 08-08-2012 at 01:19 AM.