Best Wrist Watch Flashlight

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
You know, I always end up needing a light in the most inopportune times. The one thing that I always have on me is my watch, so I figured a watch with an LED on it would be quite useful.

Anyone familiar with any wrist watches with reasonably powerful flashlight capabilities?

recycledelectrons

Newly Enlightened
I've been wanting to mount a 18650 powered light with a lot of throw on my wrist, under my shirt. The idea came from Spidey...Imagine flipping your wrist and blinding someone. It would be an interesting defensive trick. It would also leave my hands (more) free(ish) to do other things.

OK...My idea is silly, and somehow I think you meant a lot fewer lumens (and no discomfort bordering on a burn mark.)

Last edited:

buds224

Enlightened
Jack Bauer from the TV show 24 has a pretty cool watch that might be what you're looking for:

ecial_ops_wristwatch_mtm_light-vi.jpg

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
I'm not aware of any with decent output (but that doesn't mean there aren't any). If you do manage to find one, make sure it is very easy to change batteries ('cos if you use it much at all and it does actually put out a decent amount of lumens then it will probably chew through the necessarily small batteries pretty quickly).

ico

Enlightened
Surefire has one in their 2012 catalog. One is a light only but the other one has a watch on top of it

bnemmie

Enlightened
Man that watch/light combo is really thick. I don't know how practical that would be.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Man that watch/light combo is really thick. I don't know how practical that would be.
That what I was thinking

I think someone needs to make one that is either rechargeable or runs on 2 AAA's, one on each side of you wrist.

kraghack

Newly Enlightened
Chunky or not, I am still drooling over that Surefire prototype. I wonder when they'll come out with that... and it'll probably be overpriced. :ironic:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bigpal, I don't see why nobody has noticed your contribution yet - so I'll start the ball rolling. I really like the look of the iBeam watch/magnifier/flashlight combo - I see there are several varieties, some with flashlight alone, some with magnifiers as well. The one you picture reminds me so much of James Coburn's watch in the film "Our Man Flint" and must have been inspired by it, at least in part. Nice to see it has an on/off button, not merely a momentary. The manufacturer states you can use the flashlight for a year on one set of batteries including using the flashlight ten times a day, but do not state how long you can use it for each time! Also no idea if the flashlight battery is the same as powers the watch. Nevertheless, my geeky needy childlike side is excited at the thought of this watch/torch being available now. Also the magnifier would come in very handy for me as I'm 48 years old and beginning to need reading glasses. Grrrr. Curse you, middle age!!!!

Really trying to resist one, but generally I expect to dent my bank balance again in the near future!!!

Now all I need is a lighter with 82 functions, 83 if you want to light a cigar! (Although in both films we only see nine functions in total).

Last edited: