PK Design Lab
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Niteye Zip 20?

Default Re: Shenzhen JETBEAM termination of SYSMAX agent selling, stop supply to SYSMAX

Who is Viola-niteye?

I located Sysmax on ec21.com web site (a b2b website) and the company profile says "Sysmax company is professional in manufacturing LED flashlight ,owning JET-Beam and NITECORE brand ..."

Not siding with Sysmax but so far, I am seeing Niteye making copies of flashlights. Then someone just pops up in this forum sounding like a spokeperson of Niteye that is claiming ownership of Jetbeam.

My thinking can change though, however, as more infomation surfaces.

Default Re: Shenzhen JETBEAM termination of SYSMAX agent selling, stop supply to SYSMAX

Good...now I can consider NOT to buy anything from Jetbeam on top of boycotting all Niteye lights. And so the "new Jetbeam" will be on its way to be the hotbed for wanton copying of other manufacturer's lights with no regards to any copyrights, design ownership or morality (無恥行為) ?

You also mentioned that "SYSMAX violates JETBeam agency rules and misleads dealers & consumers...", so you must be proud of your company's action to copy another person's work with no regards to any form of copyrights and mislead consumers into thinking it's your company who designed the ZIP20? Pot...kettle...shooting your own feet...blah blah blah

But then again Viola, I am unsure if you are in the capacity to speak on behalf of your company and make such claims openly, since you never made it clear in any of your posts before. It would be good if you are able to clarify this so we will know if this is an official company's statement!
    WTB --> any vintage, cross-hair logo Surefire, SW01 tailcap; Ku's SWM V-series 18500 tubes; PM me if you have a SPY007 XM-L2 SWGG for trade!

Flashaholic

Wow, word gets around quick about the Niteye Zip 20. This same issue is being discussed on a german forum (tacticalforum.de) as well.
    Need...... more...... lights!

This whole Niteye, Jetbeam, Nitecore and Sysmax soap really put me off ALL of their brands. For the sake of having any affordable variable output lights left, I sure hope Sunwayman stays out of all this trouble, since I already saw the name mentioned as well...

Not saying I'm boycotting, but I did lose all remaining trust in these companies. I can already imagine them pointing the finger at eachother when you need any form of support. And what's worst is that they actually do need a lot of support with their lousy QC (nitecore's explorer with heat issues, jetbeam RRT-0's flickering etc).

Flashaholic

Actually if you would like to have a look at some of the documents relating to the trademark/patent ownership of the particular brands in question, I had already supplied some links to them in my posts #118 and #119 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Ament View Post
    Actually if you would like to have a look at some of the documents relating to the trademark/patent ownership of the particular brands in question, I had already supplied some links to them in my posts #118 and #119 here.
    Could you clarify exactly what to look for? I checked your links twice and went through most of the documents, but could not establish any relationship between the two.

Besides, these are trademark registrations with USPTO. I don't think they mean much, if anything, in China. It's also strange that SYSMAX was registered so very recently, even though nitecore and jetbeam have been around for a while.
    -- || --

Flashaholic

Further to my previous post the following are several links to some additional information for anyone who is interested enough to take the time to have a look at them.

Link showing trademarks registered to Sysmax Industries.

Link showing trademarks registered to ZHANGWEI, MO. (Person referred to as Mr Mo in Viola-niteye's post)

Link showing trademarks registered to YUE, JING (According to the documents this is ZHANGWEI, MO's wife)

I hope that all of this information may help to some degree!

P.S. I would also just like to very strongly point out that any of the web pages and/or documents that I have found and that I may have linked to above are all on public record and quite easily accessible, as I didn't want anyone to get the false impression that I may have been revealing any private communications or commercially sensitive documents.
    Last edited by Phil Ament; 08-02-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Added Post Scriptum

Further to my previous post the following are several links to some additional information for anyone who is interested enough to take the time to have a look at them.

Link showing trademarks registered to ZHANGWEI, MO. (Person referred to as Mr Mo in Viola-niteye's post)

Link showing trademarks registered to YUE, JING (According to the documents this is ZHANGWEI, MO's wife)

P.S. I would also just like to very strongly point out that any of the web pages and/or documents that I have found and that I may have linked to above are all on public record and quite easily accessible, as I didn't want anyone to get the false impression that I may have been revealing any private communications or commercially sensitive documents.
    Hi Phil, do you think these trademarks can be traded this easily via an online database? I mean, the second document says 'expired'. Apply now starting for $ 150....

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by RTJ View Post
    Hi Phil, do you think these trademarks can be traded this easily via an online database? I mean, the second document says 'expired'. Apply now starting for $ 150....
    Whilst I do not claim to know very much about all of the processes involved, I could only imagine that they would not be able to be "traded" as such, but they would have to be applied for along with the inclusion of all of the correct documentation, and all of which which would also have to be done through all of the correct channels, however this is all just purely a logical assumption of mine!

Whilst I do not claim to know very much about all of the processes involved, I could only imagine that they would not be able to be "traded" as such, but they would have to be applied for along with the inclusion of all of the correct documentation, and all of which which would also have to be done through all of the correct channels, however this is all just purely a logical assumption of mine!
    I think the way to go now is to hold back and wait for a proper explanation. I can imagine that a lot of people have second thoughts about their lights now but I don't think there aren't any 'fakes' on the market now. I think it has to do with a licence of something, who may use the name Jetbeam.

But, if Sysmax is wise enough, they shouldn't wait too long.

Wow! This thread has morphed and grown some legs!
    It does have all the components of a soap opera. You have Sysmax, the usurper? Niteye, the design thieves? Then the introduction of Viola-niteye and Mr. Mo. A little more character development and this could be a lock for a second season!
    Unless they are following the plot line of "Flowers for Algernon" I'm sure posts #17, 35 and 59 are all from different people. You can bet they're sweating now with all of the negative feedback regarding who's who and the design copies.
    I can hear the beads whizzing across the abacus already!.......Stay tuned!

P.S.
    Add me to the list of "I won't be buying". People who try to profit from other folks work and ideas deserve no respect!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Up All Night View Post
    Wow! This thread has morphed and grown some legs!
    It does have all the components of a soap opera. You have Sysmax, the usurper? Niteye, the design thieves? Then the introduction of Viola-niteye and Mr. Mo. A little more character development and this could be a lock for a second season!
    Unless they are following the plot line of "Flowers for Algernon" I'm sure posts #17, 35 and 59 are all from different people. You can bet they're sweating now with all of the negative feedback regarding who's who and the design copies.
    I can hear the beads whizzing across the abacus already!.......Stay tuned!

P.S.
    Add me to the list of "I won't be buying". People who try to profit from other folks work and ideas deserve no respect!
    I would have to say that this has been extremely well put, however have you managed to come up with a good name for your hypothetical upcoming new television series yet, because I would really like to hear what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Up All Night View Post
    It does have all the components of a soap opera...
    I agree with you, and I'm a little surprised to find that this community likes drama so much, with so many people making resolutions before we even really have an idea what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    I agree with you, and I'm a little surprised to find that this community likes drama so much, with so many people making resolutions before we even really have an idea what's going on.
    +1

Thanks for those links!

For those who don't want to take the time to open them up, according to those links and this one at the same site, Zhangwei, Mo and Yue, Jing (some people have said these two are married?) are the only ones with current ownership of the JETBeam trademark (first using it in 2006), while Sysmax's claim on that trademark has expired as of 11/27/2011. The Niteye trademark belongs also to Zhangwei, Mo. All the trademarks I found by Zhangwei, Mo and Yue, Jing have the same person (with the same address) listed as the contact person, a certain Anita Yu, which suggests that Mo and Jing are at least in some way connected.

On another note, a quick whois domain lookup for a few websites:
    Nitecore.com Whois
    Jetbeam.com Whois
    Niteye.com Whois
    Niteyelight.com Whois

The current Nitecore and Jetbeam sites are registered to someone in GuangZhou, both to the same yahoo email address. Niteye seems to have two sites with the same design with slight variations in the products featured, Niteyelight.com and Niteye.com registered to someone in Shenzhen.
    Last edited by Bigmac_79; 08-02-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: thanks to borealis for catching my bad link, I've corrected it now.

Flashaholic

It was me who actually suggested that they are married, and if you have a look at this document here, it clearly states that ZHANGWEI, MO is the husband of YUE, JING. The document also appears to show that when YUE, JING originally applied for the registration of the JETBeam trademark/patent it was knocked back or queried because someone else had already applied for it. The letter that I have linked to then shows that YUE, JING sent a reply back to the relevant authorities stating that the previous applicant was in fact her husband, ZHANGWEI, MO and so the application then appears to have been accepted and they are now both shown as the owner's of the JETBeam trademark/patent. I hope that I have explained it in a way that makes good common sense.

I would have to say that this has been extremely well put, however have you managed to come up with a good name for your hypothetical upcoming new television series yet, because I would really like to hear what it is!

"as the light burns"
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Default Re: Niteye Zip 20?

This is getting more and more convoluted.
    I think what we have is that someone has the trade names Jetbeam and Niteye. That being the same person.

It does not prove that the factory is the same.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

It was me who actually suggested that they are married, and if you have a look at this document here, it clearly states that ZHANGWEI, MO is the husband of YUE, JING. The document also appears to show that when YUE, JING originally applied for the registration of the JETBeam trademark/patent it was knocked back or queried because someone else had already applied for it. The letter that I have linked to then shows that YUE, JING sent a reply back to the relevant authorities stating that the previous applicant was in fact her husband, ZHANGWEI, MO and so the application then appears to have been accepted and they are now both shown as the owner's of the JETBeam trademark/patent. I hope that I have explained it in a way that makes good common sense.
    Thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by TweakMDS View Post
    ...For the sake of having any affordable variable output lights left, I sure hope Sunwayman stays out of all this trouble, since I already saw the name mentioned as well...
    I think you'll be ok, IIRC, Sunwayman was only mentioned because someone thought the Niteye logo looked similar to the Sunwayman logo.

(my photos)

Flashaholic

Thanks for those links!

For those who don't want to take the time to open them up, according to those links and this one at the same site, Zhangwei, Mo and Yue, Jing (some people have said these two are married?) are the only ones with current ownership of the JETBeam trademark (first using it in 2006), while Sysmax's claim on that trademark has expired as of 11/27/2011. The Niteye trademark belongs also to Zhangwei, Mo. All the trademarks I found by Zhangwei, Mo and Yue, Jing have the same person (with the same address) listed as the contact person, a certain Anita Yu, which suggests that Mo and Jing are at least in some way connected.

On another note, a quick whois domain lookup for a few websites:
    Nitecore.com Whois
    Jetbeam.com Whois
    Niteye.com Whois
    Niteyelight.com Whois

The current Nitecore and Jetbeam sites are registered to someone in GuangZhou, both to the same yahoo email address. Niteye seems to have two sites with the same design with slight variations in the products featured, Niteyelight.com registered to someone in Shenzhen and Niteye.com to someone in Iowa.

Actually when you have a look at the Jetbeam.com Whois domain lookup that you have linked to above, it does state that the name of the registrant for jet-beam.com domain is Sysmax. I just thought that I would point that fact out, as it isn't mentioned in your post at all!

Actually when you have a look at the Jetbeam.com Whois domain lookup that you have linked to above, it does state that the name of the registrant for jet-beam.com domain is Sysmax. I just thought that I would point that fact out, as it isn't mentioned in your post at all!
    You're correct, I missed that at first glance, thanks.

Flashaholic

I think you'll be ok, IIRC, Sunwayman was only mentioned because someone thought the Niteye logo looked similar to the Sunwayman logo.

(my photos)

That was me again, and when you look at the logo on the boxes or some other printed matter, they look even more similar because they are both red!

Definitely not mt cup of tea, I would not get one of those

Pics of a few of those involved here:

http://www.gooutdoor.co.kr/community...%CF#product_03

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago X View Post

Good find there Chicago X, however there is one very intriguing and extremely important issue that now arises from it. How come they didn't tuck their shirts in for the photo!

P.S. All except for one that is!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago X View Post

If you were to have a look at the Google translated version here, it even explains who they actually are, well almost, in a Google translated sort of way. I am very glad I did it though, because for a while there I really thought that I was seeing double. Bit of a shame really that it doesn't say who the girl with the long dark hair is!

P.S. Also note at the bottom of the page that there is some sort of comment about Nitecore visiting their office! Hmmmm, I really wonder what that's all about!
    Last edited by Phil Ament; 08-02-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added Post Scriptum

...On another note, a quick whois domain lookup for a few websites:
    Nitecore.com Whois
    Jetbeam.com Whois
    Niteye.com Whois
    Niteyelight.com Whois

The current Nitecore and Jetbeam sites are registered to someone in GuangZhou, both to the same yahoo email address. Niteye seems to have two sites with the same design with slight variations in the products featured, Niteyelight.com registered to someone in Shenzhen and Niteye.com to someone in Iowa.
    It's only in Iowa because you misspelled your whois search link. You missed the 't'.
    -- || --

Flashaholic*

One word describes this entire thread: drama.

You guys need to take a chill pill. None of this is new. It's a chinese company. It's made in China. They've been doing this for decades. You guys act like this is surprising. It isn't.
    Last edited by dudemar; 08-02-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Flashaholic

Another very important point that I have just noticed. If you take a close look at the fourth photo down you will see that apart from the office desk the only other piece of equipment that they seem to have is a copying machine. It all makes very good sense now!

Good find there Chicago X, however there is one very intriguing and extremely important issue that now arises from it. How come they didn't tuck their shirts in for the photo!

P.S. All except for one that is!
    You owe me a cup of coffee. Don't worry about the keyboard, I was going to replace it anyway.....