Niteye Zip 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPNKr

Newly Enlightened

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Wow I just saw the price of this flashlight....$469US!! I do believe it is a copy of Spy 007's light. I hope he's getting some money from Niteye.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
wow, it looks almost identical to the Spy 007. I can't imagine that he would let an overseas company mass produce his light.

Here we, Sysmax Ind(NITECORE & JETBeam) seriously declare that, we are NOT the same company with Niteye. As a famous flashlight manufacturer and a proud member of PLATO, we feel shame on Niteye for its imitation of Spy007 and copy our selector ring patent. We strongly condemn such behaviors!

Sysmax respects Intellectual Property rights as it always does. In our previous Smart PD series products which adopted McGizmo's PD design, we paid its fee to McGizmo(Mr.Don) for the patent.

Last edited:

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Thanks for posting here and clearing up that Niteye is not a part of Sysmax.
I don't know why but someone started posting this and up until now I assumed it was the case, because Niteye lights look so similar. The Niteye Eye12 is extremely similar to the Jetbeam RRT01, they just added another reflector and clicks in the variable ring...

romteb

Enlightened
Here we, Sysmax Ind(NITECORE & JETBeam) seriously declare that, we are NOT the same company with Niteye.

You might want to make that clear to them, this is a frame from the niteye video (link posted by SPNKr above):

niteye.jpg

Dubois

Enlightened
Thanks for posting here and clearing up that Niteye is not a part of Sysmax.
I don't know why but someone started posting this and up until now I assumed it was the case, because Niteye lights look so similar. The Niteye Eye12 is extremely similar to the Jetbeam RRT01, they just added another reflector and clicks in the variable ring...

In the marketplace, one dealer MD-Lightsource clearly states that Niteye is owned by Jetbeam:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?273098-Niteye-Now-On-SALE-18-off

See madecove's post #7. Bit odd that a dealer should think such a thing.

kj2

Flashaholic
On there website; "
All Niteye brand product are authorized by the designer who own all the patent and copyright of
Jetbeam flashlight products.

There are no legal issues between Niteye products and Jetbeam product in the market. All the
products with Niteye and Jetbeam brand are under the tutelage of law. "

http://www.niteyelight.com/article/?type=detail&id=25

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can Sysmax clarify these confusion so we know who is who? and why is the brand Jetbeam keep being associated with Niteye, and Sysmax (who owns Jetbeam and Nitecore) came down here to declare that they are separate entities :thinking:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Viola-niteye

Newly Enlightened
hey,Jetbeam is belong NITEYE COMPANY, it's have two brand( Jetbeam and NITEYE),Sysmas just is distributor.

We have a business license and brand certificate

kj2

Flashaholic
hey,Jetbeam is belong NITEYE COMPANY, it's have two brand( Jetbeam and NITEYE),Sysmas just is distributor.

well, Sysmax is saying this on there jetbeam website;" Earnest declarations: SYSMAX Ind.(the sole owner of NITECORE & JETBEAM) and Niteye are NOT the same enterprise. As a famous flashlights manufactory and a member of PLATO, we SYSMAX feel shame about the counterfeit of SPY007 and the copied design of selector ring. At the same time, we strongly condemned the plagiarism from Niteye."
- Please, do explain.. :)

And that document on the Niteye website, anyone could make that. There isn't even a signature from Jetbeam or Sysmax on it..

Phil Ament

Enlightened

When you say that "we have a business license and brand certificate", are you claiming to actually formally represent the Niteye company or not. I have already stated in another thread that Niteye appear to hold the trademark/patent certificates for both Niteye and JETBeam brand flashlights, and possibly also the Klarus ones too as can be seen here and here. In the related documents it explains that the two different people concerned are actually husband and wife and they had applied to register the JETBeam trademark together, as can be seen here. Just to hopefully clear this up once and for all, am I correct or not?

P.S. I would also just like to very strongly point out that all of the documents that I have found and that I have linked to above are all on public record and quite easily accessible, as I didn't want anyone to get the false impression that I may have been revealing any private communications or commercially sensitive documents.

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viola-niteye, as you have just registered and have not formally introduce yourself as to which company you represent and in which capacity are you authorized to speak on the company's behalf, your statement above carries no weight...as far as I'm concern.

If you does represents Niteye (the company), your statement will still carries no weight as a company who is willing to openly copy another's product design will have no hesitation to put out a false or at best a half-truth statement out in the open.

Make no mistake about this...the integrity of Niteye is being called into question here! So unless you can produce a documentary proof, a forum posting from an anonymous poster cannot be construe as an official statement of a company!

Status
Not open for further replies.