exterior Led lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

C11MAN

Newly Enlightened
i have a ford taurus and on the front and rear bumpers their is a body line in the form of a ~1" wide groove. my thought is to put some sort of lights in this groove to give a unique look.
With some led strips i have laying around it looks pretty good but the strips are only about half the width of the groove and are not bright enough to be seen in daylight.

Do I have any other options other than the flexable led strips that would look/function better? these would be used similary to a underbody light kit, just to look different on rare occasions

Optical Inferno

Enlightened
Pretty sure that is illegal in most states and up here in Canada. I see this done all the time with people and blue LEDs. Save your money and put unique interior lighting in your vehicle and trunk if you really want something personalized.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure that is illegal in most states and up here in Canada.

Illegal and unsafe to be lit while on public roadways, sure. The issue is that changing or adding lights to the car creates confusion about turn signals and brake or reverse lights. At a car show, you can probably get away with it. You might use 2 strips side-by-side, but you really will need a separate switch to turn them on for shows and off for everything else.

C11MAN

Newly Enlightened
As far as legality goes im not worried as I never plan to use them on the road so no problems there.

would a different led strip be more visible than the China specials I bough off ebay or do most end up being similar?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
As far as legality goes im not worried as I never plan to use them on the road so no problems there.

But yes problem here. No matter what you say you don't plan to do with them, the lighting modifications/products/applications you're asking about are illegal. Rule 11 of this board prohibits advocating illegal activity. This thread ends now.

Status
Not open for further replies.