Thread: New 1150 Lumen Malkoff Wildcat

Default New 1150 Lumen Malkoff Wildcat

*Flashaholic*

Default Re: New 1150 Lumen Malkoff Wildcat

Got one coming!

WooHoo!!

Damn i gotta get me one of those.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Sold out

Flashaholic*

Wow, that should be most impressive. How many units did it show in stock at first?

Grizz

Flashaholic*

Awesome!
    I'll bet there will be a Hound Dog with that XPG-2 right behind.

Edit:
    The new Wildcat spec is 1350 Lumens at turn on, with continuous stabilized output at 1150, so it's a scorcher.
    When I get it, I'll put it on my MD4 body with a pair of 3100mah 18650 for more run time. 45-60 minutes with two 18500 is okay, but I'd prefer to have an hour and fifteen minutes from the pair of 18650 in an MD4. Worth the extra bit of length in the handle to me.
    Last edited by twl; 07-30-2012 at 06:13 PM.

How many ?? not that long ago the SHO drop in sold out fast but also back in stock fast (snagged one) Ti VME heads I thought were done (just snagged last one)

With such a bright light, I would have liked to see some better cooling for the head.

I am not fond of the runtimes. Any chance that Gene will make a 26500x2 or even a 2x26650 body? MDW25 (Malkoff Devices Wide)?

Hopefully they get them in stock again.I need one for my job as a correctional officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    [..]How many units did it show in stock at first?[..]
    I saw 5 at first. Was busy at work. Didn't get a second look until 50 min later - zero.

*Flashaholic*

I talked to Gene last night. There were 5 copies, and they sold in 6 minutes. He's making more.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CPFBiology View Post
    With such a bright light, I would have liked to see some better cooling for the head.

I am not fond of the runtimes. Any chance that Gene will make a 26500x2 or even a 2x26650 body? MDW25 (Malkoff Devices Wide)?
    I think it's doing very well to turn on at 1350 lumens and stabilize to continuous running at 85% of that, without any stepping down.
    I think it's cooling well, if it can do that. As far as I know, there aren't any other 1350 lumen lights available without a step-down function that don't overheat.

I agree with the idea of getting some 26650 bodies for these high power lights. That would be really cool.

*Flashaholic*

I wouldn't mind a 26xxx body option, but they may not be suitable for Gene's LEO market. I'll put the extension on my MD3 tube and run 2x 18650s when I need more runtime.

I'll have to compare the new Wildcat to my 4000K warm Wildcat, and sell one or the other. I don't think I can squeeze a 2nd Wildcat head into my kit:

Quote Originally Posted by twl View Post
    I think it's doing very well to turn on at 1350 lumens and stabilize to continuous running at 85% of that, without any stepping down.
    I think it's cooling well, if it can do that. As far as I know, there aren't any other 1350 lumen lights available without a step-down function that don't overheat.

I agree with the idea of getting some 26650 bodies for these high power lights. That would be really cool.
    +1 I admire Gene, for the lumen junkies and short term profits he could have pushed the 2000 lumen but 1000 plus with the Malkoff name behind it IMO hard to beat

Donn, nice looking setup.

Yet another awesome light from Gene that'll have to get.

Its either going to be him for Jason at Prometheius flashlight that i have to get

What was the progression of lumens for the 4 versions of the Wildcat? I feel like I need to write this stuff down somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    I wouldn't mind a 26xxx body option, but they may not be suitable for Gene's LEO market. I'll put the extension on my MD3 tube and run 2x 18650s when I need more runtime.

I'll have to compare the new Wildcat to my 4000K warm Wildcat, and sell one or the other. I don't think I can squeeze a 2nd Wildcat head into my kit:

I really REALLY want to recreate this setup. Which Pelican case model is that?

Flashaholic

beamshots anyone?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bwall85 View Post
    What was the progression of lumens for the 4 versions of the Wildcat? I feel like I need to write this stuff down somewhere....

I have all of the Wildcat models except this newest one, which I will get when it's available.

The Wildcat V1 with Quad-XRE emitters and Quad optics was 600 lumens at turn-on for the cool white model. About 550 at turn-on with the warm white version. 12-degree beam angle, 12v max input voltage.
    Wildcat V2 with Triple XPG emitters and triple McGizmo reflectors was 750 lumens at turn-on for the cool white model. 15-degree beam angle, 9v max input voltage.
    Wildcat V3 with Triple XPG emitters and triple optics was 900 lumens at turn-on, 9v max input voltage.

This V4 with 1350 at turn-on is a big step, but in reality it is only about 1.5db increase, which isn't really that big a difference to the eye. The throw will be helped quite a bit, though. The added power and the tighter beam will give that throw a boost.

I use the MD3 bodies with a pair of 18500 most of the time, but sometimes I'll use 3 CR123 instead.
    I have an MD4 which I will plan to use for this new V4 model with a pair of 3100mah 18650, for added run time because of the faster battery drain from the higher power.

I'm really "itching" to get this new XPG-2 Hound Dog that I just "know" that Gene is bound to come out with soon. I'd like to get the added throw over my Hound Dog XPG that I currently have.
    Last edited by twl; 08-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.

i have a new one and the low looks like it has pwm?????has anyone else checked out the lo on the the new wildcat? i dont like the low level pwm,,its very noticable.the hi is crazy bright though!!!!

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bwall85 View Post
    I really REALLY want to recreate this setup. Which Pelican case model is that?
    It's a 1200, and it morphed again last night, to accommodate the new Wildcat head:

Warm Wildcat, XP-G2 Wildcat, XP-G and XM-L Hound dogs, MD2 with XP-G and XM-L heads, MD3 tube and Surefire 1-cell extension (A19).

The new Wildcat is a real honker on the wall, but I haven't taken it outside yet. It's noticeably twice as bright as the Warm Wildcat, and much much whiter. On the wall, it has no visible hotspot, as the Warm version does.
    Last edited by donn_; 08-03-2012 at 03:54 AM.

I have one incoming! Super excited!!
    Last edited by fresh eddie fresh; 08-03-2012 at 11:41 AM.

I ordered one earlier

Was notified of them being back in stock this morning - checked in - there were 9....waited a while and there were only 3...grabbed one and an MD4 - just looked and they are already all gone!

Im gonna need an outdoor beamshot and my V2 might be heading to the marketplace.

Planning on a trip to the beach next weekend. If the beast arrives, I'll take it and give you those beam shots. Need to do same with my new Spy 007 XPG and Prometheus Alpha Blue Label...

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    Im gonna need an outdoor beamshot and my V2 might be heading to the marketplace.

very nice!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    Was notified of them being back in stock this morning - checked in - there were 9....waited a while and there were only 3...grabbed one and an MD4 - just looked and they are already all gone!
    should of checked my mail sooner sold out

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast