Foxfury Scout
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 18650/ 18500 titanium / Aluminium extension tubes for Jetbeam TCR1 or compatible

Unenlightened

Default Re: 18650/ 18500 titanium / Aluminium extension tubes for Jetbeam TCR1 or compatible

Thanks but I'm not interested in a prototype, will you be making more 18650 titanium tube? Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by mohanjude View Post
    Sorry the 18650 list is sold out. Are you interested in the prototype?

My wife just signed for a package from across the ocean.
    Gonna have to post some pics in the day or so.

Default Re: 18650/ 18500 titanium / Aluminium extension tubes for Jetbeam TCR1 or compatible

Sorry the 18650 list is sold out. Are you interested in the prototype?
    I am, give me a price quote.

I had to do some sanding to smooth the inside just a bit to get AW 2900s and 3100s to fit, only to find I will need button top cells for this light, (I didnt think flat tops would work). Gonna buy some AW 2200s to feed this thing.

Just ordered a pair of EagleTac 3100's, one can never have too many batteries.

Last edited by Larbo; 08-11-2012 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larbo View Post
    I had to do some sanding to smooth the inside just a bit to get AW 2900s and 3100s to fit, only to find I will need button top cells for this light, (I didnt think flat tops would work). Gonna buy some AW 2200s to feed this thing.
    Pig you notice my photos I am using Eagletac 3100 which have a small button
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

All paid for items have been shipped apart from Euroken which is awaiting separate order to complete.

X 2 18500 tubes left.
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Recieved my 18650 extender yesterday. My AW 2200 mAh fits just fine but my AW 2900 mAh batteries just barely fit (cannot move freely) and only with the silver label removed. None of my RediLast 3100 mAh can be used but my Samsung 2600 mAh (salvaged from a HP laptop battery pack) batteries fit o.k..

Quote Originally Posted by mr.snakeman View Post
    Recieved my 18650 extender yesterday. My AW 2200 mAh fits just fine but my AW 2900 mAh batteries just barely fit (cannot move freely) and only with the silver label removed. None of my RediLast 3100 mAh can be used but my Samsung 2600 mAh (salvaged from a HP laptop battery pack) batteries fit o.k..
    If you want I can ship you a Eagletac 3100 from the UK it has IC protection and fits just fine. 18650 batteries should be 18mm diameter. The ID of this tube is 18.5mm - Some companies make the batteries bigger than 18.5mm and this is a problem.

If you want I can ship you a Eagletac 3100 from the UK it has IC protection and fits just fine. 18650 batteries should be 18mm diameter. The ID of this tube is 18.5mm - Some companies make the batteries bigger than 18.5mm and this is a problem.
    Measured my tube (with a digital caliper): 18.58mm internal dia., the RediLast batteries measure more than 18.64 in places, hence the no-go with them-it seems that the (uneven) plastic cover is the problem. I donŽt want to strip one to measure the naked cell dia. as I use them in other lights. An Eagletec would be nice to try, PM me with the price for two and IŽll Paypal you directly. Thanks
    Last edited by mr.snakeman; 08-11-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Ok will do.. Have tried inserting the battery from below ie insert battery into tcr1 battery tube then drop the extension from the top and screw together. I measured about 12 batteries and found the diameter slightly thicker towards the negative terminal. Basically don't try to drop the battery from the tube into a assembled tube.

Enlightened

For one of the last 18500 tubes. Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by hjdca View Post
    Payment received - thanks. I can ship out tube today if you want the slots milled in a few days. Email sent

My 2 18500 tubes arrived yesterday. thank you for the quick ship.
    It was my original intention to purchase an aluminum 18650 tube as well. I planned on using that on an EYE10. since they were not yet produced, I decided to try the 2 18500 together in the light. happily this worked well with a Ultrafire 3000 mah battery. the light feels really well balanced in this configuration. I'll use them this way for a while and then part them for use on 2 lights.
    There might be more interest in the aluminum tube among Niteye owners now.

Jorgen

Thank you. Any chance you could kindly post a picture with the eye10 please. It might help generate more interest so I have a few more buyers in order to make the aluminium tubes a possibility.

Mohan

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen View Post
    My 2 18500 tubes arrived yesterday. thank you for the quick ship.
    It was my original intention to purchase an aluminum 18650 tube as well. I planned on using that on an EYE10. since they were not yet produced, I decided to try the 2 18500 together in the light. happily this worked well with a Ultrafire 3000 mah battery. the light feels really well balanced in this configuration. I'll use them this way for a while and then part them for use on 2 lights.
    There might be more interest in the aluminum tube among Niteye owners now.

Your tubes (18500 x2 has been posted - trit slots as requested)

Last edited by mohanjude; 08-18-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Battery received, Thanks Mohan, it works just fine with all the extenders.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.snakeman View Post
    Battery received, Thanks Mohan, it works just fine with all the extenders.
    Glad it is all working for you.

I got mine. Needed to clean up the threads a bit and polish them up.

Great job! Love em!

Are there any tubes still available?

I am interested in an 18650 tube in aluminum but the pricing has not been set. Please let us know when the aluminum run will occur.
    Be Mindful of the Moment

Enlightened

Hey Guys, here is a link to pics in the TCR1 thread of my Mohanjude extension tubes, one with blue trits... I have pics showing the 18500 and the 18650 with two extensions.. My TCR1 was highly polished from the factory.. I spent a few minutes with MAAS and elbow grease to perfecty polish my extension tubes to match the polish of the TCR1.. I highly recommend this.. It makes the extension tubes look almost factory... Excellent tubes from Mohanjude. ENJOY !!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post4013790
    Last edited by hjdca; 09-01-2012 at 10:50 AM.

You have made my very happy. Thanks for the feedback. I wanted everybody to enjoy this extension tube - it is nice to see the effort has paid off. It was Jedirock's idea and I thank him for the original thread. In fact when I met him in person at a McDonalds in Missasauga Ontario it made me smile when he pulled out the TCR1 with the extension. What a small world...

I might consider another run. I need a few more takers before the machine shop will go ahead. Hopefully it will happen. I do not intend to charge more than cost and looking at the costs the aluminium should be around 60% of the cost of Ti.

Mohan

Hey Guys, here is a link to pics in the TCR1 thread of my Mohanjude extension tubes, one with blue trits... I have pics showing the 18500 and the 18650 with two extensions.. My TCR1 was highly polished from the factory.. I spent a few minutes with MAAS and elbow grease to perfecty polish my extension tubes to match the polish of the TCR1.. I highly recommend this.. It makes the extension tubes look almost factory... Excellent tubes from Mohanjude. ENJOY !!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post4013790

Enlightened

You have made my very happy.
    Mohan
    Cool..... You deserve it....

PS. I was up at Crestline last night.. We were crusing down a forest trail late at night with my girlfriend and my buddies... It was so dark and the huge trees make it seem darker... My girlfriend had a huge walking stick, ie. bear repellent... I buried a full 18650 Eagletac 3100 mah cell lighting up that trail all night... Thanks to your extension tubes !!
    Last edited by hjdca; 09-02-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Flashaholic

So these will fit a RRT01? If so I would like one please, sent to the UK.

Flashaholic

Hi there,

if there is one Ti-18500 extension left, iŽll take it!
    Please let me know, paypal is ready.
    Thanks,

Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazikev24 View Post
    So these will fit a RRT01? If so I would like one please, sent to the UK.
    Yes they should but they are all sold out. I may do a future run again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elakazam View Post
    Hi there,

if there is one Ti-18500 extension left, iŽll take it!
    Please let me know, paypal is ready.
    Thanks,

Oliver
    Oliver

So sorry but they are all sold out. If there is future run I will contact you.

I'm in if there is an aluminum run done. Couple questions though. I'm guessing the finished aluminum product will be silver (as aluminum is), not the color of the RRT-01 (aluminum version, not the titanium)? As the cap is stainless steel, it might still look good, but how would one go about coloring it like the light (no, spray cans are not acceptable ;-)? Also, I just read the two threads for this, and I may have missed this, but will the 18500 extension work for AA batteries (length wise, as I know it would be wider than the AA battery which then may cause rattle)? Thanks.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1322 View Post
    I'm in if there is an aluminum run done. Couple questions though. I'm guessing the finished aluminum product will be silver (as aluminum is), not the color of the RRT-01 (aluminum version, not the titanium)? As the cap is stainless steel, it might still look good, but how would one go about coloring it like the light (no, spray cans are not acceptable ;-)? Also, I just read the two threads for this, and I may have missed this, but will the 18500 extension work for AA batteries (length wise, as I know it would be wider than the AA battery which then may cause rattle)? Thanks.
    Best option is to get the part anodised. For one part it might be cost prohibitive.

The length of the 18500 will be ok for the AA. A spacer would need to be made. I can look into it. However at this moment I have put the project on hold as there aren't enough numbers to do it. I have not actively been looking for more buyers - so this is something I need to work at in the future if time permits

Best option is to get the part anodised. For one part it might be cost prohibitive.

The length of the 18500 will be ok for the AA. A spacer would need to be made. I can look into it. However at this moment I have put the project on hold as there aren't enough numbers to do it. I have not actively been looking for more buyers - so this is something I need to work at in the future if time permits
    No need to make a spacer, but thanks. If the aluminum run happens then I can figure something out. Thanks for your input and taking the original task on. IF the run does happen I'd still be in. I'll watch the thread to stay updated.
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.