How did Drew Peterson not get charged with murder when wife #3 was killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rant alert.......

I forgot all about this til now that the trial is just about to get under way. This guy apparently began cheating on his 3rd wife with eventual wife #4, then just days before the divorce is finalized from wife #3, she is coincidentally found dead in her bathtub. The "cops" from Drew Peterson's precinct come to look at the scene of her death, and rule it either an accident or suicide by drowning. So he marries wife #4, then she completely disappears from the face of the earth, and it starts hitting the media, and FINALLY the police decide to look into all this. They are essentially forced to look back into wife #3's death, and its discovered that although the cops who "investigated" the scene called it a drowning, that there was never any water in the darn tub to begin with, and she apparently had been bludgeoned in the head, which was intentionally covered up by the original cops! So they let a "fellow cop" get away with murder......

The old saying "we stick up for each other" isnt supposed to mean that they need to help each other get away with crime and murder! I listened to one cop who had amazingly been charged(wow!) and convicted(double wow!) for all sorts of crimes, and he said "We cops are like soldiers in fox holes, so we need to take care of each other and protect each other". Well, actually there is a big difference between soldiers and cops. Soldiers are usually fighting a foreign ENEMY, whereas cops are supposed to protect the citizens who pay them, and they are not at war with those citizens, so many have mistaken the whole principle of this ideal, by supporting and protecting each other when they commit crimes AGAINST the very people they are paid to protect!

Most cops dont commit major crimes, but too many do. The reason is because accountability is almost non-existent whenever this stuff happens most of the time. I guarantee you that the cops who covered up Drew Peterson's wife's murder have not, and will not be fired! Most cops dont get fired, and even if busted red handed, the worst they get is being "asked" to take early retirement with full pensions, or to resign. They are even less often charged with their crimes and prosecuted. But if you or I go out and commit major felonies, do you think the police dept will let us slide? Hell no!

Not to mention the fact that Drew Peterson used to work in vice, but was busted stealing drugs from an evidence locker, and giving those hard drugs to a suspected cop killer who then sold them and split the profit with Peterson. He was busted...........But.......they conveniently managed to screw up the indictment, which meant he got away with it! He was supposed to be fired(duh!), but he wasnt! He was bounced down to being a street cop again for a while for the same department he had stolen drugs from.

Then he retires with a $75,000 per year pension, and owns 2 nice homes! My Mom retired from a $68,000 per year job 3 years ago. She didnt steal drugs from an evidence locker, didnt sell drugs to any drug dealers, didnt murder anyone, but yet her pension is $14,000 per year! Thats fair right?:mad:

They need to go through that department with a fine toothed comb to weed out all the other bad apples, of which there will be many since that department is so corrupt. This is another one of those situations where the entire leadership at Peterson's police dept need to be fired with NO pension, just like if WE commit major crimes at our workplaces, we will lose OUR pensions.....I'm tired off seeing these people rewarded for crime or corruption. By the way, this is government we are talking about here, so next time someone tells you we need much MORE government, or bigger government, we'd all be better off if everyone said NO.......

^Side note: Did you hear about how the computer system for the city of LA nearly crashed yesterday, because too many city employees were all logged in watching the olympics at the same time? Wish I could sit and watch non work related stuff all day! Taxpayer money well spent!:fail:

Bigpal

Enlightened
You just have to hope that one person with power who isn't in it for the money gets a hold of it. I don't know this story, but if it is like you say above, this is what needs to happen and they can be held accountable.

The police officers at Danziger Bridge initially covered up the incident. They fired on an unarmed family crossing the bridge, killing a 17 year old and a mentally Handicapped man, shot in the back nonetheless. So they fabricated their stories and planted a gun.

U.S. attorney Jim Letton was persistent. He wouldn't let it go and eventually, they were charged for first degree murder and a bunch of other stuff. There were a bunch of plea bargains and legal deals, but still, some received severe sentences.

It can happen, you just need that group or individual who thinks the way you do.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just have to hope that one person with power who isn't in it for the money gets a hold of it. I don't know this story, but if it is like you say above, this is what needs to happen and they can be held accountable.

The police officers at Danziger Bridge initially covered up the incident. They fired on an unarmed family crossing the bridge, killing a 17 year old and a mentally Handicapped man, shot in the back nonetheless. So they fabricated their stories and planted a gun.

U.S. attorney Jim Letton was persistent. He wouldn't let it go and eventually, they were charged for first degree murder and a bunch of other stuff. There were a bunch of plea bargains and legal deals, but still, some received severe sentences.

It can happen, you just need that group or individual who thinks the way you do.

Most civilians think the way we do, but most civilians dont run our local and city/state gov'ts. Thats done by politicians, and by often corrupt police chiefs who dont benefit from cleaning up their dept's. Plus, the politicians look the other way, often as a favor to police chiefs who they owe a favor to. Then you've got the 2 other layers of protection from accountability for police... They would be: 1. The police union 2. The FOP

So, no matter what WE want, they usually dont want the same!

Bigpal

Enlightened
Most civilians think the way we do, but most civilians dont run our local and city/state gov'ts. Thats done by politicians, and by often corrupt police chiefs who dont benefit from cleaning up their dept's. Plus, the politicians look the other way, often as a favor to police chiefs who they owe a favor to. Then you've got the 2 other layers of protection from accountability for police... They would be: 1. The police union 2. The FOP

So, no matter what WE want, they usually dont want the same!

That's right. Not the civilian who thinks the same, but that person with the power who resists the money and can do something about it. It needs its Jim Letton if in fact they are guilty.

I do respect and appreciate the officers who are doing a good job but naturally dislike a criminal. Actually, that's true with any person or profession - i can respect the good ones and the corrupt/criminals suck.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
This has the potential to get heated, especially with the disparaging remarks about LEOs. Probably better for the UG, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.