PEAK
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **NEW** Niteye MSA & MSC series

Default Re: **NEW** Niteye MSA & MSC series

MS series look nice and comfortable to use. All the heads & tailcaps are interchangeable in mechanical design.
    Latest Review : Acebeam K40M Review

Quote Originally Posted by cyclesport View Post
    +1 Yeah, it does seems odd/redundant they would have both a ramping button and variable output + the battery drain these UI's require? Maybe the ramping function is just for programming a defined shortcut/on setting, and the control ring allows adjustment after activation? An unnecessarily cumbersome UI. Was hoping for a forward clicky, or piston switch combinded w/a I.V. control ring.
    However redundant two similar variable ramping controls might be, I think it's safe to assume they will both control the same circuit, so it's not like it'll draw any extra current, at least not more than a few extra microamps, similar to standby currents. I'd quite like a light like this, although I'm not aware of any very succesful piston drive lights. Didn't pretty much anyone who manufactured these at one point abandon the system in favor of either a ring or fixed modes?
    Both the single AA and the CR123 look way too huge for their class though...

They are interesting lights.

You can see my review here.
    Latest Review : Acebeam K40M Review

They are interesting, but they keep the same body for every type of battery, as a result we get a 1xAA light almost as big as a 18650 light (24mm diameter). More and more brands do that now, I guess to reduce the cost, but I don't like that.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawkB View Post
    They are interesting, but they keep the same body for every type of battery, as a result we get a 1xAA light almost as big as a 18650 light (24mm diameter). More and more brands do that now, I guess to reduce the cost, but I don't like that.
    I actually do like this in a long term view. While I know that Surefire can support its products (not the mention the 3rd party parts) for quite a while, who knows if a certain typ of light will still be available (and its spare parts) in a few years. So if I have, say, 2x Jetbeam BC10s and one Jetbeam BC20, I have a good chance to keep one light going if the switch fails since I can swap the parts.

Cheers
    Thorsten

Too bad it has no momentary and decent low. Seems like attaching a lanyard isn't as easy as it should be with these lights.
    UK Q40, Inova X5, Inova X1, Inova T2, Fenix L1, Novatac EDC85, Xeno E06, SWM M20A, SWM C10A, NDI GDP, SWM V20A, SWM M40A, Xeno E03, Fenix E25, Fenix LD12.

Quote Originally Posted by gopajti View Post
    New Niteye lights coming,

Niteye MSC10

LED: Cree XM-L U2
    Battery: 1*CR123A / RCR123A
    Max Output: 260lm
    Reflector: OP
    Length: 88mm
    Head diameter: 24mm
    Weight: 70g (without battery)

Niteye MSC20

Battery: 2*CR123A / 1*18650
    Max Output: 500lm
    Length: 122mm
    Weight: 79g (without battery)

Niteye MSA10

Battery: 1*AA
    Max Output: 260lm (Alkaline, NiMH), 500lm (14500 Li-ion)
    Length: 106mm
    Weight: 89g (without battery)

Niteye MSA20

Battery: 2*AA
    Max Output: 300lm
    Length: 154mm
    Weight: 100g (without battery)

I dont know about the other lights, but the MSA10 (1xAA) specs are not right. On the website it says 160 lumens on nimh, and not compatible with li-ion.