• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Stainless AA Fenix L1+ modded

jemab

Enlightened
Hey all,
This one isn't getting much use, so its on the chopping block.

This is one of the early stainless Fenix L1+ AA lights. There were only a hundred or so made (memory is a bit foggy on details)

This one has been to Milky and has an upgraded emitter and light engine. It has an improved clickie as well. I'll see if I can find the specifics from Milky.
edit:"I was able to give you everything you wanted, including an upgrade to tactical clicky tailswitch. It was difficult fitting everything into the light and took a lot of time machining the inside of the host itself, fabricating custom heatsink, switch housing, and other bits; and getting it all right AND fitting reasonably well. The switch in particular was a real bear as most tactical clickies are too tall to sit in that particular tailcap. (The stock switch was pretty bad, too, probably unable to handle much current for long.)

I mounted a CreeXML-T61C cool white (though closer to the neutral side of things) with hand-turned Carclo frosted narrow optic sans holder, custom-fabricated aluminum heatsink, 1AA multi-stage boost driver (5x brightness plus some blinky functions that quite honestly, I didn't study too much in that I was mainly interested in the multiple brightness itself and this was one of the few choices available small enough to squeeze [barely] into your host), and the tactical clicky tailswitch itself in a custom-fabricated frame."

$205, shipped, US sale.

Last edited:
I love this light. That's why I have four of them. :D They're exceptionally well built - the best SS AA body of any light I've ever seen. One of my four is a Milky-mod and was modded at my request a few years ago; I think mine was the first L1+ modded by Milky, so this one offered by jemab must be the second. The SS L1+ is the ONLY model of Fenix I own, as it was their first....and best....of all of them. I think the run was more than 100, but certainly under 300 total in the world. This is a great deal, as the host itself, before Milky got to it, is worth at least $150 today. This will make someone VERY happy.

jemab

Enlightened
Thanks dad for the good word... Let's bump this for another look..