M 6 tail cap disassembly need help

walterr839

Enlightened
just acquired a soft start switch for an old M6 but need some guidance with the install.
I'm not sure how to go about pulling tail tail cap apart. Is there a link anywhere that someone can
send me to?

thanks

Walter in Rhode Island

walterr839

Enlightened
Five Mega

I took my M6 tail cap apart and it has a plastic retaining ring. It looks different from your photos and I can not fit it together so that it will work. did they perhaps make
different tail caps?

the switch I have does not have the large diameter aluminum part that I see in your photos
do you offer an M6 tail cap that this switch will fit?

If so I'ld be interested

thanks for your help so far

Walter

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Pics would help.

All the M6 tail caps are pretty much exactly alike. Sounds like you may have the smaller switch

walterr839

Enlightened
Steve

thanks

I have a picture I just have to figure out how to post it

but looking at my switch and comparing it to those in the link posted by FiveMega they are different switches and mine is smaller

walterr839

Enlightened
I guess there are (at least) two versions of the switch I have the small one and need the larger one for the M6.
I plan to get one of Fivemega's Megalennium bodies and use the switch in that with the M6 head

anybody looking for a bipin adapter for the surefire M6? I just found one on line and will not be using it

thanks all for your help

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Fivemega's megalennium models do not have the same tailcap as the original M6 so the more common smaller switch that you have may fit.