BlackShadow

Thread: FOR SALE NOW: Titanium Key Fobs!

Arrow FOR SALE NOW: Titanium Key Fobs!

Hey all, I decided to have some key fobs cut out of the same material I've been using for my clips. They are ready to ship and you can get them through the store on my website.

They will be $15 though the month of August and that price includes free first class shipping. After that they'll be going up to $20 each. Let me know if you have any questions!

Default Re: FOR SALE NOW: Titanium Key Fobs!

Ti Key fobs are a great idea.
    I think ones with tritiums would probably go down extremely well.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

i just put an order in for one. and i think i also decided im going to trade up my Ti clip for an anodized one.

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    ones with tritiums would probably go down extremely well.
    +1

Use 2mm thickness Ti & that leaves the perfect amount of Norland both above & below the trit. You will not be able to keep them in stock
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights, gun repairs, blueing & custom work * PM's disabled * Please Email & PayPal through www:Precision.Works

That might be an option for the future but I won't be able to provide or install the trits I think that would also have to be a pre-order because material that thick is going to cost some real money.

I'm also not sure the norland would stay put if the slot was open on both sides. The waterjet cut actually has a slight kerf (bevel) to the cut and it seems like that would make the norland prone to falling out one side. I also don't really know how "stiky" it is so if anyone has feedback or other examples of that kind of installation let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    I'm also not sure the norland would stay put if the slot was open on both sides. ... don't really know how "stiky" it is so if anyone has feedback or other examples of that kind of installation let me know.
    Every milled cut (whether milled by abrasive waterjet, end mill, grinding, etc.) has microscopic peaks & valleys that the Norland fills. Trit below is "suspended" about halfway between the top & the bottom of the Ti scale:

Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights, gun repairs, blueing & custom work * PM's disabled * Please Email & PayPal through www:Precision.Works

Quote Originally Posted by precisionworks View Post
    Every milled cut (whether milled by abrasive waterjet, end mill, grinding, etc.) has microscopic peaks & valleys that the Norland fills.
    That's true but it doesn't take into account shrinkage during cure (if that happens) or the yield strength of the material. A key chain is going to take a lot of wear, impact and other abuse so I'd like to see (or try) a long term use case with that kind of installation That knife/trit looks awesome by the way!

Looks like a beacon filter that can be used to summon Dark Sucks Guy in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Looks like a beacon filter that can be used to summon Dark Sucks Guy in the middle of the night.
    +1