FOR SALE NOW: Titanium Key Fobs!

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hey all, I decided to have some key fobs cut out of the same material I've been using for my clips. They are ready to ship and you can get them through the store on my website.

They will be $15 though the month of August and that price includes free first class shipping. After that they'll be going up to $20 each. Let me know if you have any questions!

fob-600.jpg

fob-keys-600.jpg

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just put an order in for one. and i think i also decided im going to trade up my Ti clip for an anodized one.

archer6817j

Enlightened
That might be an option for the future but I won't be able to provide or install the trits :) I think that would also have to be a pre-order because material that thick is going to cost some real money.

I'm also not sure the norland would stay put if the slot was open on both sides. The waterjet cut actually has a slight kerf (bevel) to the cut and it seems like that would make the norland prone to falling out one side. I also don't really know how "stiky" it is so if anyone has feedback or other examples of that kind of installation let me know.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I'm also not sure the norland would stay put if the slot was open on both sides. ... don't really know how "stiky" it is so if anyone has feedback or other examples of that kind of installation let me know.

Every milled cut (whether milled by abrasive waterjet, end mill, grinding, etc.) has microscopic peaks & valleys that the Norland fills. Trit below is "suspended" about halfway between the top & the bottom of the Ti scale:

Image-9853934-159189582-2-Web_0_0f2bd6a6380e67266fd876c0ee0f3063_1

Image-9853934-159189585-2-Web_0_62764a9cbae2905b09f3dacd254733f9_1

archer6817j

Enlightened
Every milled cut (whether milled by abrasive waterjet, end mill, grinding, etc.) has microscopic peaks & valleys that the Norland fills.

That's true but it doesn't take into account shrinkage during cure (if that happens) or the yield strength of the material. A key chain is going to take a lot of wear, impact and other abuse so I'd like to see (or try) a long term use case with that kind of installation :) That knife/trit looks awesome by the way!