HDS Systems

Thread: Your Clicky Switch Goes Out In An Emergency Situation

Flashaholic*

Default Your Clicky Switch Goes Out In An Emergency Situation

Since I have several flashlights with click switches, I have often wondered if there is a way to Mcgiver the light so it works. I know the paper clip trick which would be awkward at best. Any other way to hotwire a dead switch? Thanks in advance!

Flashaholic

Default Re: Your Clicky Switch Goes Out In An Emergency Situation

Good question. I would like to know this also.

If it's a tail clickie, some Al foil on the inside of the switch will work to bridget the gap, turing the light into a constant on or a tail twistie. If it's a head clickie, it might be hard to get to the switch, same with an electronic clickie (the clickie doesn't actually go between the light and the power supply).

I agree w/ gunner12. Use some conductive, pliable material, and bridge the gap between battery negative and the sidewall, then screw the cap down so it can't move.
    Chris

Flashaholic*

Thats great news..! I forgot to include tail clickie which is what I have on all my click lights. I guess I need to carry al foil in my wallet for just in case..!! It could save someone a lot of grief in a real emergency situation..!

Always carry a back-up light! I like to carry one that uses the same batteries.

Good info folks...

I already carry a piece of tinfoil in my wallet, but it was intended for using AAAs in my AA light (ie, use $ bills wrapped around the AAA and a ball of tinfoil at the negative end, as spacers).

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
    Amen!

I usually carry my Surefire U2 and Fenix E15 on me, and sometimes a Z2 (with the twisty, so I can use it on my U2, if the switch craps out) with an M61. Only time I use rechargeables is at work (otherwise I'd go through $20-$30 in primaries a month), but I have 4 primaries in my lunchbox, in case I need them for some other reason.

But, if for some reason I don't have the Z2 on me, I have coins on me, so I can figure out how to make them fit in the tailcap, and work as a poor mans switch.
    Mag 1D, 2DL, 3DL, 6D hotwire+extension... Fenix E15... Surefire Z2, E1e, 6P, U2 modded with T5 XM-L... Just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by HotWire View Post

+1 Exactamondo!
    My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE