SUREFIRE 6R

copper146

Newly Enlightened
Does any one here no where I could purchase a replacement tail cap spring for my R6

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: SUREFIRE R6

Your post got me to looking for springs for a couple of Laser Products Fountain Valley, CA tailcaps. Found a spring that almost fits, but a bear to install. Best bet is to phone Sure Fire and ask for one of the older Fountain Valley tailcap springs. All tailcaps, including R6's were the same at the time. If customer service does not come forth, ask for a tech, who may be able to scrounge one up for you. They have the stuff, but probably put away somewhere. The other thing, dig around in your stuff at home and you may find one that fits, even if not a SF product.

Bill

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

how close to the 6P tailcap (Z41) is the R6's one?
Cos if you ahve a burnt bulb module, its center spring is the VERY SAME

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wasn't the R6 just a 6P with an extender tube, NiCad battery, lower voltage lamp and a battery charger...I know that's all that came in the package I bought for my 6P to convert it into a rechargeable light. The tailcap was the original 6P tailcap.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast

You should be able to buy a 6P tailcap in the MarketPlace or on that big auction site. Many of the Surefire springs fit several models. When I burn out a lamp I cut off the spring and put it in my spring box. Before I throw anything away I cut off the spring and put it in my spring box. You never know when you need a spring!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wasn't the R6 just a 6P with an extender tube, NiCad battery, lower voltage lamp and a battery charger...I know that's all that came in the package I bought for my 6P to convert it into a rechargeable light. The tailcap was the original 6P tailcap.

6R, technically. You're right about most everything else but the bulb was still a stock P60. Back before these lights were collectible I made battery spacers for 6Rs so people could run 3x123's in them with P90/P91 bulbs. Surefire did make something called a 3R which was an unmodified 6P with a short rechargeable battery and a bulb from a 3P.

I don't think you'd have any trouble finding a modern tailcap for this light, but the older ones used the Laser Products smooth-button tailcaps. If you want to keep the vintage look a new one's no good.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Back then, there was an R60, but it was changed to a P60. I remember discussing this years ago with a probation officer who used the R6 for his work. He was quite impressed with it, as it lit up bushes quite well where people could hide. I wanted one, and a few years later I got one, but it was using the P60 instead of the R60, about the same time as the R30 was discontinued. The advantage of the R60 was that is was mated better to the four cell R6, which had a nominal voltage of 4.8 volts, and would top out at 5.6+volts or so.

Bill