What's the throwiest Peak Mountain Series light? How many lux?

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would assume it's the Logan with the narrow optic. I see the Eiger Ultra X, but I can't imagine it's sustainable to drive the XP-G that hard for very long at all. Is there anything I'm missing?

This is probably a stretch as most folks don't buy Peak Lights for the throw, but does anyone have any lux numbers?

Thanks!

-G

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Actually, given its small size (narrower than a p60 by several mm), Logan's throw remarkably well, better than equivalent size reflectors (at the expense of beam quality).

Ultras use the very optic, just with smaller eiger sized batteries. Ideal would be a Logan ultra, using an optic at once larger and more focusing than comparable reflectors.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does a Logan Ultra exist? The only difference would be the drive current correct? Thanks for the info.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Logan Ultra. I wish such a thing existed, but that's what the NP300 is for. Now that thing has throw!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more question... RMSK says on the Logan page that "All optics are narrow unless stated" but the little chooser on the Oveready site says "Large Optic". Is there a difference?

archimedes

Flashaholic
I am wondering if the Pamir may have a bit more throw than the Logan, with its larger optic?

I have a Rainier, but the P7 is a floodier emitter than the XP-G in the Pamir.

Norm

Retired Administrator
You can definitely see the project die when using my 2 AA Pamir not as focused as an aspheric but quite throwy.

Norm

jorgen

Enlightened
i think the Ural is the brightest and with the best throw. It is an XML with a TIR. Mine is brass and it is my favorite Peak light putting out around 500 lumens on a 18350 IMR battery

archimedes

Flashaholic
Is the Pamir body interchangeable with the Logan body?

Yes, I believe so, although I don't have a Pamir to test directly ... the Logan and Rainier can swap parts between them.

My guess is that the Ural is brighter, but might not actually have more throw (the XM-L is more efficient but a larger die) .... I found an old post from DUMDUM where he notes that the Pyrenees has the best throw of this series, but less than the Night Patrol.

The Pamir and Pyrenees should be very similar (each has an XP-G with 20mm optic), with the main difference being the 18mm cell capability and Judco Kroll switch on the Pyrenees.

EDIT - here's that post ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?297791-Peak-Throwers

Last edited: