• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Carclo Triple and Quad Optics- Drilled for Trits 10507 10508 10621

Thatspec

Enlightened
CLOSED: Carclo Triple and Quad Optics- Drilled for Trits 10507, 11, 10621

While changing optics recently in my Wrightlight (Mattaus) 219 triple, it looked like the support posts might be long and wide enough to hollow out and install trits...

They were
:naughty:

47a2d904b3127cce98548fdb4c0a00000035100AauWjRy5bM2VA

This solved for me at least the issue of the time and expense of sending the whole light off to have trit slots milled in the metal.
(plus that should have been done before this particular host was cerakoted). One advantage of this method is that the trits are held in place by the lens and you can change colors at your leisure.

Several members contacted me about making some up which I've now finished (shipping Monday guys:thumbsup:), so here they are for sale as well.

I have 10507 (clear narrow) and, and 10511 lightly frosted narrow, Carclo triple optics pre-drilled for 1.55x5mm tritium vial (I used Bart's) available for $19.50 for 1, $34.50 for 2, or $46.50 for 3, these prices include fees and 1st class tracked shipping in the US. For international orders I would mail as many as you like in a small well padded envelope for $13.50 more (post office now considers this a parcel) but there is the risk of loss in the mail (buyers risk). I can also ship them insured etc but looks like pricing starts near the $17 mark just for shipping, your choice. Payment will be via Square.com or postal money order (or Paypal if you insist but geez, they are up to 4.5% now for intl.). If you've not used Square yet I highly recommend giving them a look. I send an invoice, you pay via Square's checkout system securely with your credit or debit card, I never see your credit card info. 10621 (clear spot), and 10624 (frosted wide) Carclo quad optics are now available, they are $23.50 for 1, or $41.50 for 2, same terms as above.

To streamline the process and save inboxes from overflowing, if you know specifically what you want, send along your shipping address and email address in the PM. Then I can send you an invoice, follow the link to Square.com.

I will also drill any of the above deeper to accommodate 1.5x6mm trits but it's more difficult and losses are higher, I'll need to add a $5 up-charge per optic for this. (It's difficult to tell there is even any plastic left holding them together but it seems to work)

Edit: Just reading through this again I wanted to make sure it's clear this sale is for the pre-drilled optic only and does not include any installed trits. Getting the trits into the US in larger quantities I thought might be an issue for me to offer but so far I've never had trouble getting them a few at a time.

Disclaimers: These pics are long exposures, 20-30 seconds, as are all the pics you see of nicely glowing trits here on the forum. Unless it's pitch black and your eyes have fully adjusted, they never look as bright as the Pics. It's more than enough to find your light in the dark though and will even cast a little shadow, the frosted is a little more muted. The clear 10507's and 10621's come from the factory with fine micro "cleaning marks". These are only visible under bright light from an acute angle and have no effect on the performance. They totally disappear once behind the flashlight lens. There may be slight cloudiness in the posts after drilling but this is totally invisible once installed and I can detect no loss of performance/brightness.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity who is/are viewing it and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. IMPORTANT: This information is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. CAUTION: Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft. ANTIDOTE: However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.

Thanks for taking a look:D

Mark
Parkdale, Oregon

47a2d623b3127cce98548fc7506a00000035100AauWjRy5bM2VA

While it appears that the trits are above the surface they are actually about .003" below (the optics are that clear). I've done my best to center them though plastic being a sort of flexible medium they can be off just a hair but especially with the clear, it literally depends on the angle you are looking at them:drool:

10621 Quad
47a2d602b3127cce98548fccd9c300000035100AauWjRy5bM2VA

http://www.carclo-optics.com/opticselect/intranet/optics/details/index.php?id_optics=100

Last edited:

flat-ray

Enlightened
Re: Carclo Triple Optics- Drilled for Trits 10507 10508

Is 10507 available for international shipping? Have you a batch ready to ship or only the one in the picture?

Thatspec

Enlightened

Hi Flat-ray, yes these are ready to go, 10507 and 10508. I have a bunch going out Monday and will be no problem to add to that.
Thanks, Mark

All pm's replied, thanks guys!

Tain

Enlightened

:paypal:
Thanks you for the great communication. :thumbsup:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

holy cow that's an amazing idea, good work!

what common lights will these fit in?

CMAG

Enlightened

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Very cool

flat-ray

Enlightened

I will take one 10507. Please tell me the international shipping cost to Italy.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't wait to see these in reality... :naughty:

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened

I will take 1 10507. Please PM me if still available

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good found! They look really nice! :twothumbs

Thatspec

Enlightened

Tobrien: All that I can say for certain is that it fits the Wrightlight 219 triple but many triples utilize the Carclo 10mm triple optic. It would just need to have been not glued in place. I'm hoping folks may chime in with info along those lines. I have a Vanisle Quad I'm going to measure shortly and see if the quad posts are the same dimensions.

Flat-ray: the two options for international shipping are add $1.00 for first class mail (so $19 for one 10507), but it's buyers risk if it's a no show. The other would be a small box insured but I'm betting the cost will not be worth it to most unless you're ordering quite a few. Pretty sure it'll get there, Barts trits always do.

Thanks to you all for the kind comments:grin2:

flat-ray

Enlightened

CPF user name:flat-ray
Carclo 10507 clear narrow drilled for trits
One piece
18$ + 1$ for international shipping.
PayPal sent.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice to see this happening!

After talking to Mark I tried drilling optics like this over the weekend. I consider myself reasonably skilled and have equipment that should be able to do the job.

Long story short I gave up after wrecking* my 4th optic :( Mark is not wrong when he says the plastic can move. How he got the drilled posts so close to center is beyond me! Probably patience lol.

Definitely worth it when you can get a grasp on how tricky these little b*stards are to drill out. The ability to swap colors is also very cool :thumbsup:

- Matt

* By wrecking I mean I actually destroyed one (way too casual on the first go!) but the rest were just too off center for my taste. It looked horrible.

EDIT: Mark/ThatSpec has it right in regards to fitment. Pretty much any triple with use the carlco optics. Oveready triples, my triple, MAC Custom triples and so on. As long as it's not glued in (silly idea!) you can swap them out without any issues :)

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic

That is waaay cool :) As Mattaus says, plastic isn't the easiest material in the world to cleanly drill out. Nice job.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is waaay cool :) As Mattaus says, plastic isn't the easiest material in the world to cleanly drill out. Nice job.

Especially when you're trying to put a 1.6mm hole in a post 2mm (or thereabouts) in diameter!

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has anyone tried removing the optics on OR triples? Little afraid to try with my less than no skills....

Thatspec

Enlightened

Hi guys,
Pretty sure I've returned email to everyone that's ordered but if you haven't received a confirmation, please pm me.

Don't feel too badly Matt, I've got a nice size collection of wrecked optics building myself:laughing: They're good for experimenting with though, I've been trying to get some consistency drilling them for 6mm trits. The tip of the drill bit is actually down into the the bottom section of the post at that point. The plastic is amazingly rigid, doesn't seem to take much to hold it together.

Precisionworks, from what I see on your website, you wouldn't have any trouble drilling one;)

I've got some Carclo 10621 quad optics (plain spot) coming in a week or so (I hope) and 10624 (wide frosted) are available as well if there's any interest.

Thanks too for the heads up on the different triples out there Matt. For yours I've just been using a sharp utility knife blade to sort of jab the edge of the optic and lever it up. My silver plate is still intact so far. I know you had mentioned something called bluetac, not familiar with it though.

Euroken, I've never actually handled an OR triple, it looks like the optic sits a hair lower below the rim. Something sticky might pluck it right out of there, it's unlikely that they glued it. (Edit 10/20: It's glued)

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks too for the heads up on the different triples out there Matt. For yours I've just been using a sharp utility knife blade to sort of jab the edge of the optic and lever it up. My silver plate is still intact so far. I know you had mentioned something called bluetac, not familiar with it though.

I never thought about the fact you Yankie Doodles might not know what Blutac was lol. My family is South African so I also call it Prestik. That probably doesn't help either - Google thinks you call it Fun-Tak? You hang posters with it!!!! Wikipedia Time! Long story short you get a big blob of this stuff, press it against the optic and pull quickly. Optic comes straight out and you don't risk scratching the silver, copper or plastic. Brilliant stuff.

Last edited:

Tain

Enlightened

I never thought about the fact you Yankie Doodles might not know what Blutac was lol. My family is South African so I also call it Prestik. That probably doesn't help either - Google thinks you call it Fun-Tak? You hang posters with it!!!! Wikipedia Time! Long story short you get a big blob of this stuff, press it against the optic and pull quickly. Optic comes straight out and you don't risk scratching the silver, copper or plastic. Brilliant stuff.

I use tape to remove the optic from Matt's triple. :thumbsup:

Mark, I am in for 2 x 10621 optics as per pm.