BlackShadow

Thread: [SOLD] High CRI KROMA [white high CRI 5000K perimeter LEDs and Nichia 219 main]

Popcorn [SOLD] High CRI KROMA [white high CRI 5000K perimeter LEDs and Nichia 219 main]

>>>> SOLD <<<<

Here's another one of my grails that I thought I'd never sell, but bills are piling up. If you've ever used a Kroma, you know the biggest downside to it is not having a white flood. The blue perimeter LEDs are useless for most tasks. I changed the 3mm blue LEDs with White High CRI 5000K 5mm LEDs. I also changed the LuxIII center emiter with a Nichia 219 High CRI emitter. Red LEDs were kept for night vision. Stock optic was retained and does a great job projecting a large hot spot, although it does have rings in the perimeter as optics are notorious with. This light has 6 modes: high/low red flood, high/low white flood, and high/low white spot. The body has a few areas where ano is missing, but the head and tailcap are in great condition. Here are a few pictures:

Here's a beamshot of the stock optic with Nichia 219 (on low).

Here's a beamshot of the Kroma on high against my High CRI Haiku on high (on right). The hotspot on the Kroma is over twice as big and over twice as bright.

Here's a beamshot of the white perimeter LEDs on high:

Here's a beamshot of the red perimeter LEDs on high:

This light retails for $400 from Surefire new. In my opinion, this is a vast improvement on the current Kroma, and how the light should be from the factory. I'm asking $349 $339 $329 shipped via USPS Priority + Signature Confirmation. U.S. buyers only. PM me with questions and/or offers. First to post "I'll Take It" in this thread gets priority over all other communication. Insurance is an additional $1.65 per $100 of coverage. I am not responsible if the package is damaged or lost during shipping if insurance is not purchased. Insurance is always recommended to cover these situations.
    Last edited by maxspeeds; 08-18-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    Cheers from the McGizmo state.

Default Re: FS: High CRI KROMA [white high CRI 5000K perimeter LEDs and Nichia 219 main]

holy cow this is awesome
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Default Re: FS: High CRI KROMA [white high CRI 5000K perimeter LEDs and Nichia 219 main]

I have never previously been that attracted to the Kroma, but this one is very, very cool!

Enlightened

very nice mod!

btw, can it (body & driver) accept 17670/18650?

Quote Originally Posted by gVp View Post
    very nice mod!

btw, can it (body & driver) accept 17670/18650?
    Yep, that is actually how I have used it. An IMR 17670 fits brilliantly and allows the light to fully function (an 18650 will not fit, however) Another way to power it is with a rechargeable 16340 and 16340 spacer.

Flashaholic*

Ah. That is what you did with those LEDs. Nice work.

eala

Quote Originally Posted by eala View Post
    Ah. That is what you did with those LEDs. Nice work.

eala
    They turned out great! Thanks again, Eala!

Price drop

Default Re: [$$ drop] High CRI KROMA [white high CRI 5000K perimeter LEDs and Nichia 219 main

Can't believe this is still here. Kromas are very difficult to mod. Get your high CRI Kroma before it's gone. Here's a weekend price drop

Default Re: [$$ drop] High CRI KROMA [white high CRI 5000K perimeter LEDs and Nichia 219 main

i wish i had the cash to buy it from you! you have it at a good price
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Why is this light still here?

Free bump for a cool light at a terrific price from a great seller.
    The best weapon in the world is a flashlight. . . . Why? . . . So you can look deep into the other guy's eyes.

Thanks, guys! This is a really cool light. What I love about it is that it has high and low red and white flood without having to attach a diffuser or red filter. It is basically like having three L1's or L2's all in one light. Awesome!