I'm looking for a single AAA flashlight with the following requirements:
1) Very low low mode with long runtime (50+ hours)
2) A medium mode (say, 15-40 lumens)
3) Reasonably bright high mode (100+ lumens)
4) Tail standing capable
5) Pocket clip (don't care about rings or attachment points)
6) Small as possible (preon 0, maratac aaa, etc.)
7) Not "too" expensive (under $50-60)
8) Would prefer a cheap made-to-fit diffuser option
From all the research I've done (a lot) I've found the following lights to be the closest:
1) Maratac AAA
2) Titanium Innovations Illuminati
3) Olight i3 EOS
However, they all seem to have drawbacks, and I can't find one with a mix of all the good points. For instance, the Maratac would be the light without hesitation if it had a medium mode and slightly lower low mode. Although the low isn't too bad. The Illuminati would be better if it had longer low mode runtimes. The Olight would be better with longer low runtimes and a higher high output.
So, does a light exist that meets such requirements. Or do any lights meet these requirements more closely than those I've posted? It seems like they should have just put a medium mode in the maratac. I'd buy the previous edition, but it maxes at 70 lumens. That isn't bad, but I wouldn't be gaining anything incredible, rather I would be losing a bit over my quark aa light other than small size. With better output and a medium mode, that would be like shrinking my quark more closely, and I'd be happy. I love my quark, but I can't find a decent diffuser, and it's a tad bigger than I'd like for pocket carry. It works great, but a smaller light would be 'better'. The quark would then be for everything else. Oh, and I'm a flashlight addict, so I want something tiny and bright
Any help would be greatly appreciated.